Fairy At The Fairy Bridge

Revan

I saw her there a few years ago.

Didn't see her today, but it's probably Her Eminence Pool Faril - she's usually there about this time of year.

Didn't see her today, but it's probably Her Eminence Pool Faril - she's usually there about this time of year.

I'm really pleased that other people have seen her too. I had wondered if I was losing the plot and always wished that I had taken a photograph to prove it. I've had so many funny looks and people laugh when I've tried to explain what I saw...

I'm really pleased that other people have seen her too. I had wondered if I was losing the plot and always wished that I had taken a photograph to prove it. I've had so many funny looks and people laugh when I've tried to explain what I saw...

Well 'she' is sporting a great moustache: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Fairy-makes...e-at.5128725.jp

No. He's probably pulled a sickie and gone to the G20 protest.

Oh god LDV has a new fancy dress costume

Neither are really funny, just simple attempts to make homophobic jokes.

Lighten up I was refering to the last pic I saw of you in an Elf costume, it's you who saw the alternative view not I

No. He's probably pulled a sickie and gone to the G20 protest.

Oh god LDV has a new fancy dress costume

Neither are really funny, just simple attempts to make homophobic jokes.

Not in the slightest LDV, I didn't think that at all, I thought you might even find it funny. I have to admit, I say far worse things to my gay friends and they are far more 'serious men' than you.

Not in the slightest LDV, I didn't think that at all, I thought you might even find it funny. I have to admit, I say far worse things to my gay friends and they are far more 'serious men' than you.

It's no biggie but it is a little homophobic to make a joke out of me because of my sexuality simply because the word fairy has another meaning, viz. a negative term for gay men. Why refer to me simply because of my sexuality?

And I don't know what you mean by 'serious men', they lack a sense of humour?

I tend to use the term 'fairy' for a man who is weak and ineffectual - regardless of sexual orientation (you know, the kind who preaches about the evils of capitalism but wouldn't dare take a day off work to join a demo against it).

It's no biggie but it is a little homophobic to make a joke out of me because of my sexuality simply because the word fairy has another meaning, viz. a negative term for gay men. Why refer to me simply because of my sexuality?

And I don't know what you mean by 'serious men', they lack a sense of humour?

Ahhh Jeeze, I hoped you wouldn't ask what I meant by that, I mused over what to write for ages, then I wrote a little explanation which I deleted & now I wish I hadn't :) They are just older and have senior teaching jobs and.......on occasion, yes, they do seem to have lost their funny bones.

I tend to use the term 'fairy' for a man who is weak and ineffectual - regardless of sexual orientation (you know, the kind who preaches about the evils of capitalism but wouldn't dare take a day off work to join a demo against it).

Regardless of what you mean, it matters about what the word does in fact mean. Although I think you are jumping on someone else's argument for the sake of excusing my point about the comment being homophobic because you haven't got anything decent to say. But you'd have to be an idiot to think that one protest is worth losing my job over. What sort of fool would drop everything for one particular protest.

Though I'd be interested to understand your real progress and achievements in the political field considering your assumed authority to talk about day-to-day politics. Sounds hypocritical to me.

Archived