Fairy At The Fairy Bridge

Revan

Not in the slightest LDV, I didn't think that at all, I thought you might even find it funny. I have to admit, I say far worse things to my gay friends and they are far more 'serious men' than you.

It's no biggie but it is a little homophobic to make a joke out of me because of my sexuality simply because the word fairy has another meaning, viz. a negative term for gay men. Why refer to me simply because of my sexuality?

And I don't know what you mean by 'serious men', they lack a sense of humour?

Note dickhead, I previously stated the joke was made because of your previous Elf costume, it was you who brought the other meaning up.

What sort of fool would drop everything for one particular protest.

One with genuinely-held convictions.

Lonan has a very good point, anyone who has serious convictions would make it a priority to take part in such a large demo

Regardless of what you mean, it matters about what the word does in fact mean.

Wrong LDV. The word does in fact mean:

fair⋅y

   /ˈfɛəri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fair-ee] Show IPA noun, plural fair⋅ies, adjective

–noun

1. (in folklore) one of a class of supernatural beings, generally conceived as having a diminutive human form and possessing magical powers with which they intervene in human affairs.

2. Slang: Disparaging and Offensive. a male homosexual.

–adjective

3. of or pertaining to fairies: fairy magic.

4. of the nature of a fairy; fairylike.

If you are talking about the slang meaning, then other people including you have interpreted it to mean something else. Some believe it to be a derogatory term about gay men others believe it to mean someone who acts in a weak or feminine way but are not homosexual.

See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fairy

A lot of meanings but all slightly different.

It's no biggie but it is a little homophobic to make a joke out of me because of my sexuality simply because the word fairy has another meaning, viz. a negative term for gay men. Why refer to me simply because of my sexuality?

Could have been meant in a similar way to 'Fathers 4 Justice' or do you have to be dressed up as Batman or Spiderman for that.

Maybe it's just 'Fairies 4 justice' instead.

Lonan has a very good point, anyone who has serious convictions would make it a priority to take part in such a large demo

Not really Jimbms. Why it is required to attend this large demo or (more ridiculous) 'pull out all the stops' to attend' a large demo?

fair⋅y

   /ˈfɛəri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fair-ee] Show IPA noun, plural fair⋅ies, adjective

–noun

1. (in folklore) one of a class of supernatural beings, generally conceived as having a diminutive human form and possessing magical powers with which they intervene in human affairs.

–adjective

If you are talking about the slang meaning, then other people including you have interpreted it to mean something else. Some believe it to be a derogatory term about gay men others believe it to mean someone who acts in a weak or feminine way but are not homosexual.

I don't understand the purpose of this post. Yes fairy does mean different things. In this context in which Lonan3 posted I would mark that as being in relation to gay men. As for the idea that it refers simply to weak or feminine people, ask yourself where this understanding of the word originates from.

Not really Jimbms. Why it is required to attend this large demo or (more ridiculous) 'pull out all the stops' to attend' a large demo?

fair⋅y

–noun

–adjective

I don't understand the purpose of this post. Yes fairy does mean different things. In this context in which Lonan3 posted I would mark that as being in relation to gay men. As for the idea that it refers simply to weak or feminine people, ask yourself where this understanding of the word originates from.

Funny how a rather jocular post ends up, I dont know some people.

Lighten up I was refering to the last pic I saw of you in an Elf costume, it's you who saw the alternative view not I

I tend to use the term 'fairy' for a man who is weak and ineffectual - regardless of sexual orientation (you know, the kind who preaches about the evils of capitalism but wouldn't dare take a day off work to join a demo against it).

What a coincidence that you both made fairy jokes aimed at the same person, but for completely different reasons. And amazingly the person you make the joke about being one of the only two out gay man on the forum and yet neither of you were referring to his sexuality. Some people are just too sensitive.

But you'd have to be an idiot to think that one protest is worth losing my job over. What sort of fool would drop everything for one particular protest.

You're an anarchist who is worried about taking a day off and losing your job? You get more confused and contradictory with every post you make.

Anarchy in the UK (but only at weekend's or any other day pre booked and pre approved by my employer)

But you'd have to be an idiot to think that one protest is worth losing my job over. What sort of fool would drop everything for one particular protest.

You're an anarchist who is worried about taking a day off and losing your job? You get more confused and contradictory with every post you make.

Anarchy in the UK (but only at weekend's or any other day pre booked and pre approved by my employer)

Well go on...explain why there exists such a contradiction.

Well go on...explain why there exists such a contradiction.

No. I think that its clear to most people .... and besides I would like to protect other posters from the epic wave of shite that will erupt from your keyboard the minute that I even go near explaining what, to most other people excluding yourself, is plainly obvious.

No. I think that its clear to most people .... and besides I would like to protect other posters from the epic wave of shite that will erupt from your keyboard the minute that I even go near explaining what, to most other people excluding yourself, is plainly obvious.

How evasive, but lets not push it too far, there may be a few people who see what you mean. But maybe the wiser others actually recognise that this protest is NOT the last, biggest, greatest, and most fantastical anti-capitalist protest that the western world has EVER seen and will ever see.

Most posters on the other thread actually seem to be of the opinion that such a protest is a silly thing, demonstrating nothing but a requirement for a job. :lol:

Archived