Dot & North Quay

fubar

Can anyone provide any reason as to why it has taken a team of 4 DOT workers 3 weeks to clean the pavement outside Newsons on the Quay?

The owners of Velvet Lobster must be over the moon at a DOT open air depot appearing on their doorstep!

Can anyone provide any reason as to why it has taken a team of 4 DOT workers 3 weeks to clean the pavement outside Newsons on the Quay?

The owners of Velvet Lobster must be over the moon at a DOT open air depot appearing on their doorstep!

Fine weather. Nice spot.

lol i say! who's up for maken a topic with Photography!!!

what i am saying ...';,.is lets see who can get the best pictures with the most DOT workers lazing around in it..

i'm all way's seeing 6 of them at a time standing around a hole Watching one guy do some work ...

let know what you's think. i'll put it up. & i'll be armed with my Camera to morro.. :lol:

Why not?

If they take their time there, come the time for TT they'll have strength for some overtime getting the course smooth and pothole free.

Traffic management under Health & Safety regulations.

And it has nothing to do with the story that the foreman is Polish and needs a translator to issue instructions.

The training in the morning, and then the necessary retraining in the afternoon because they get a one hour lunchbreak and forget it all?

IOM College shovel leaning courses are only held at the end of each month?

They've been struggling for two weeks to leave, having been told they have to start the van with a quay?

Who knows...

I was talking to an overseas visitor and he said "I love your Island but you have some really strange customs" I said what like ,he replied "Well it seems that when someone dies instead of burying them you dress them up in yellow reflective clothing and hang them in a hedge " :)

And it has nothing to do with the story that the foreman is Polish and needs a translator to issue instructions.

So why mention it? Got a problem with that?

Yup - was he the best person for the job?!

Why are you asking here? Why don't you cry to the work permit board? Heck why not do a petition or stand around with banners shouting Polish Scum on site? You could even hark back to the 70's and 80's and try to burn his house down if you like. If the story is true and not just a Lee54 bleet, then yes he most probably was.

Archived