Tt Entertainment

Deejay Denzel

Why on earth would there be an advert in a May edition of a magazine for an event on the first of May? pointless.

I think you will find it's advertising an event on the Thursday before senior race day...

No matter - you're still publicly slagging off one organisation's efforts for entertainment in order to make your's seem more attractive. Judge Jules is hardly cutting edge either, I used to listen to his MasterMix sets when Kiss FM was still a pirate station. Must be twenty odd years ago.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe if the gov wernt paying north one television EIGHT HUNDRED GRAND to film the TT they could have afforded someone decent.

As usual they have ballsed it up.

:(<_<

I didn't realise there is only coverage because we're paying them to come over.. Christ almighty.

I'm going back to my darkened room.

Well you could have had TV coverage paid for, with a contribution to TT funds, like we've had for the last ten years, but that would have involved using a local company that employs local people and pays tax here etc, and clearly something as practical and uncomplicated as that would never fit in with the grand vision of the TT for the future...

Why on earth would there be an advert in a May edition of a magazine for an event on the first of May? pointless.

I think you will find it's advertising an event on the Thursday before senior race day...

No matter - you're still publicly slagging off one organisation's efforts for entertainment in order to make your's seem more attractive. Judge Jules is hardly cutting edge either, I used to listen to his MasterMix sets when Kiss FM was still a pirate station. Must be twenty odd years ago.

I was slagging one organisation's efforts purely because it is genuinely shit (with the exception of whitesnake).

I mean... to maximise attendance to an event you would bring over someone that appeals to a majority, if you were aiming at niche's then you would be thinking the promenade suite rather than the gardens.

If I wanted bagpipes I would get the Ellan Vannin Pipes and drums in, If I wanted to hear someone other than U2 to sing and play U2 songs... I would go to any pub around douglas where admission is free

I was slagging one organisation's efforts purely because it is genuinely shit

That's a matter of opinion. I've seen Judge Jules (who after all only plays other people's records) loads of times, and won't be rushing down to Paramount to see again. The Red Hot Chilli Pipers however, I shall be making a point of seeing, never having seen them before.

I was slagging one organisation's efforts purely because it is genuinely shit

That's a matter of opinion. I've seen Judge Jules (who after all only plays other people's records) loads of times, and won't be rushing down to Paramount to see again. The Red Hot Chilli Pipers however, I shall be making a point of seeing, never having seen them before.

And what better place to express an opinion... than on a forum

Had the dis-pleasure of seeing the Judge that won't budge over here last time he was over, he was utterly shite, didn't look like he even wanted to be there, up his own arse shit mixing shit music, wanker. Got completely upstaged by Eddie van Halen, or whoever it was on before him.

Unbelievable the crap we've got on this year, credit crunch really hitting. These acts are both ends of the spectrum, one for all the 70 something over the hill rockers, the other for all the pubeless 10 year old ravers. Shite.

Unbelievable the crap we've got on this year, credit crunch really hitting.

I think if you were to see the fee's being paid the last thing you would assume is that the credit crunch is hitting.

Aparently looking at the figures you can hire Whitesnake for 10 grand but the goverment shelled out 60 grand. Whitesnake was a good choice however but the others are complete shite and a waste of taxpayers money. Thats right we are paying for the red hot chilli pipers to come over and a u2 tribute band. We dont get a say in this at all and quite frankly its a disgrace.

Why bring over a rock covers band when you have 10's of local rock covers bands over here? Who wouldnt charge for their transport , food , acomadation and god knows how much for actually performing. I can tell you know it wil be in the 1000's for what they paid them. Heck let my band do it for free , it would be good for exposure and we wouldnt be a rip off.

Whoever got the acts obviously doesnt have a clue about music.

We dont get a say in this at all and quite frankly its a disgrace.

Who are 'we'? The populace? Impossible to please.

Heck let my band do it for free , it would be good for exposure and we wouldnt be a rip off.

Ah, a declared vested interest. I get it.

Whoever got the acts obviously doesnt have a clue about music.

That's a matter of opinion.

to add , Yes we as a polulace , We are impossible to please as a whole but NOT impossible to please as a majority. They have got it right before but this years line up is very poor and everyone I have spoken to says the same.

Archived