Baby Swap

manxy

I came across this by accident (following a LDV link) and don't know if it's appeared on the forum before.

Link Clicky

I find it quite astounding to read and expectant mums to be will probably find this a little shocking as like I did.

I can't imagine how much damage has been done to all concerned and whether the bond between real mum and baby can ever be fixed, then we'll have to wait and see.

The error was uncovered when one of the mothers, Anna Androsova, discovered her son's maternity ward ID tag actually had the mother's name Zarema Taisumova on it.

It took her two years to notice that? Didn't she look at the tag at least once in the hospital before she took the baby home?

This strikes me a being very very wrong. If a child of a few years is brought up to recognise its parents and then is swapped with another family it must cause the child much anguish and psychological 'damage'. As for the parents, it would already cause much anger and pain to find this mistake has happened but to lose a child they have loved is just shocking. If this had happened a few weeks after birth it would not seem a problem.

Archived