Manx Consumer Attitudes Towards Recycling

Cathymitch

Dear All,

Recycling is a prominent issue in today's local and Global economies. For my dissertation project I am investigating consumer attitudes towards the recycling issue and the facilities available on the Island. I have already carried out interviews face-to-face at various destinations and I am now looking to build on the data I have collected.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Tqhj...tdVmRkmiw_3d_3d

I would be most grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete this survey. This survey is short and easy to complete.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Many thanks,

Cathy

prominant

That should read prominent. A small point, granted, but may just earn you a brownie point from an examiner sick of the declining standards of modern dissertations. You might also question the wisdom of recycling other people's attitudes on recycling.

Thank you for your comments.

This is one method of collecting data for my dissertation, and other sources have also been sought. Any bias within this method will be addressed in my final report, but I do thank you for bringing this to my attention.

My spelling error has now been corrected and different recycling attitudes have been obtained through face-to-face questionnaires at different destinations around the Island.

Many thanks,

Cathy

For what it's worth, I have property in England where collections have been carried out for years, and from my observations both there and on the island it seems that old people are most resistant to recycling, at least doorstep collections by the local authority. (They're not quite so resistant to getting an extra week out of less than clean clothing, lol,lol..... ). And having chatted to them on the reasons for this, rather than citing an expectant resistance to change they seem to have convinced themselves that their quantities of waste are so tiny that it is not worth their effort to bother. I'm of the opinion that this is likely to be a cover up, and the actual reasons are more realistically to avert embarrassment at putting a fortnight's worth of empty Tesco's Value Gin bottles (or similar) on what is effectively public display. Of course, Manx Oldies can opt out - Uk ones cannot.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Cathy

Cathy you have asked for our opinions which are gladly given. What would also be nice is to get some feedback from you on your survey when you have collated it. This feedback loop encourages participation in surveys and spreads knowledge!

Archived