B Careful At B&q

Fossils

I cracked my bonce on that bloody silly trolley stair thing they have up there once. I was bending down looking at something, got up and staff had wheeled the damn thing right over where my head was heading.

Shopping is a dangerous thing, I will wait in the car (at least thats what I tell Mrs X when she wants to go to Tesco)

I have got happy memories of B and Q thou' .. I got a good screw there once.

Long time ago mind.

I cracked my bonce on that bloody silly trolley stair thing they have up there once. I was bending down looking at something, got up and staff had wheeled the damn thing right over where my head was heading.

Shopping is a dangerous thing, I will wait in the car (at least thats what I tell Mrs X when she wants to go to Tesco)

I have got happy memories of B and Q thou' .. I got a good screw there once.

Long time ago mind.

Being an old codger myself, I went there this morning, only to discover that I had forgotten my old codger's card. The young lady on the checkout asked if I had any other proof of age, and I had to confess that I didn't. Nonetheless, she got her supervisor to knock 10% off, which was nice of her.

I'm not sure if it was my ever-present charm that did it, or the fact that I look older than I like to think I do.

And with reference to posts about service in Manx shops, I doubt if this would have happened across.

S

A neighbour tells me that some items that were discounted until yesterday have had their prices shunted back up for today (Pensioners' "Discount" Day).

Promotion ended yesterday. It wasn't a secret - their f***ing annoying TV adverts on vitually every ad break told me so.

A neighbour tells me that some items that were discounted until yesterday have had their prices shunted back up for today (Pensioners' "Discount" Day).

Promotion ended yesterday. It wasn't a secret - their f***ing annoying TV adverts on vitually every ad break told me so.

Yes, the newspaper adverts were for a 4 day promotion, Saturday to Tuesday inclusive. So no discounts on discounts available Wednesday. Didn't actually see the tv ads, but I find most are rather annoying - perhaps I missed them by going out of the room, or watching a different channel :D

Archived