Extension Od Disc Zone Hours (maybe)

Sidney

IOM Today

If this is allowed to come into effect you can forget parking your car in a convenient spot to go for a few beers and collect it the following day, the nice traffic warden will have given you a £40 ticket.

OK, I can understand the whole emergency vehicle access situation, but they need to think very carefully about WHICH zones have the extended hours, those on the main prom for example would just be a blatant money raising excercise. All the hotels along the prom that do not have dedicated parking would have to advise all the guests to park anything up to a mile away to avoid a ticket.

Lets just hope tha he keeps his word;

However, Mr Anderson said: 'I would be concerned by a blanket extension of disc zones to incorporate periods of time outside normal working hours.

I just got a new parking disc but Im a bit miffed about it, it said on the form I have to use the car daily, what if I do not need to use it? I try to walk places (keep fit and save environment and all that) I'd have thought it was better if people did not use cars everyday, I know what they are trying to stop but Im not overly happy at signing a declaration I know to be not wholly correct.

But surely that's another matter entirely and fuck all to do with disc zone operating hours? If it's blocking the road it's blocking the road - does a disc zone sign make it any different?

Exactly. This will just make life difficult for everyone else and gets away from the reason disc zones are there.

If vehicles are blocking the road, deal with them. Don't penalise honest road users who are going to pick up parking tickets at 10pm when they've overstayed by ten minutes when they've been visiting their Mum.

well it will mean lots of parking tickets for the firm i work for as i am on call 24/7 :( ok i do admit i find it hard to find a parking space 30 foot up from the road out side my flat, so outside someone elses property will have to do :(

But who's fault it is it's hard to say , personally I think its down to all the town houses being converted in to flats without any concideration as to where all the flat dwellers are going to park,

Maybe the planning office should have thought this while they divy out the Bungs ahem i mean work their fingers to the bone

plus if you have a permit you dont/didn't have to move your vehicle daily as it your entitlement to park outside your property , or is it now a case of 'move the goal post' to suit the situation

plus if you have a permit you dont/didn't have to move your vehicle daily as it your entitlement to park outside your property , or is it now a case of 'move the goal post' to suit the situation

Can i query that bit?

I'm not saying you are wrong, but i was under the impression it meant you could park anywhere legal within the disk zone without having to move your vehicle?

I use to live in a disk zone in Lower Douglas and the chances of parking outside my own property was zero!

Archived