[BBC News] Seven arrests after drugs seizure

Newsbot

Now says £30,000. But street values are often over hyped by the constabulary to make it sound like they've got a bigger bust than they really have. I'd guesstimate that's around 5 kilos.

I saw the bust in action, was down by Castle-Mona....pretty funny to watch.....all in riot gear, dogs etc etc.

Was hoping to see a stand off but never happened.

I need to get a camera, I could be the new Amadeus.

I saw the bust in action, was down by Castle-Mona....pretty funny to watch.....all in riot gear, dogs etc etc.

No apache gunships, tanks or tactical nukes?

Blimey the police were playing a risky game there.

The island must be boiling over with money if they can afford to be chasing people for selling dope. There must be plenty of money for all the stuff which actually matters - like paying off the KSFIOM depositors, employing more teachers, building the monorail etc.

I think that there would be a more relaxed attitude to this particular (it shouldn't be a) crime if more of the people in govt had ever been anywhere near a university. Or lived in California.

The island must be boiling over with money if they can afford to be chasing people for selling dope. There must be plenty of money for all the stuff which actually matters - like paying off the KSFIOM depositors, employing more teachers, building the monorail etc.

I think that there would be a more relaxed attitude to this particular (it shouldn't be a) crime if more of the people in govt had ever been anywhere near a university. Or lived in California.

A couple of very good points there actually. It does make you think a bit!!

Archived