Yanks Take On The Pirates

Chinahand

I'm intrigued by the struggle between Pirates and American sailors off Somalia.

Fox News et al are full of gung ho celebration that their boys took on the pirates and won.

Hope the Captain doesn't end up dead.

I guess the movie rights will already have been sold!

Clicky

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm intrigued by the struggle between Pirates and American sailors off Somalia.

Fox News et al are full of gung ho celebration that their boys took on the pirates and won.

Hope the Captain doesn't end up dead.

I guess the movie rights will already have been sold!

Clicky

There have been few deaths so far. On the whole, the pirates have treated their hostages rather better than they might have done.

If the Yanks now escalate this, look forward to a rising death toll. Hostages as well as pirates.

S

to be honest, thay just want to blow some of the gits right out of the water,

at the moment, thay know thay have a free run on things,

if thay start to kill a few then it might cut the numbers down a bit that are getting attacked

to be honest, thay just want to blow some of the gits right out of the water,

at the moment, thay know thay have a free run on things,

if thay start to kill a few then it might cut the numbers down a bit that are getting attacked

But can they do that without hostages being killed? That's the question.

S

they're 300 miles from land in a boat which has run out of fuel, the Maersk ship has sailed away, the USN are on the horizon, and they want a ransom and compensation for their boat which got wrecked in the attack !

I think they have a poor hand in this game of cards

a few chaps in wet-suits in the dark will sort them out

They haven't got a very good record on that - they usually end up crashing into each other and killing each other on the way, killing others on their side, and cocking things up generally.

They haven't got a very good record on that - they usually end up crashing into each other and killing each other on the way, killing others on their side, and cocking things up generally.

Maybe they'll recognise that a professional job is needed and bring the SBS in to do it.

IMO what they should do is place about three subs, and about 10 decoy yachts full of armed soldiers (yachts all based from a big ship) on duty around there plus a couple of decoy cargo ships (or sit on board some of those ships already doing the route)...

...encourage as many pirates out as possible, and as soon as the pirates go for a yacht or other big ship, destroy and sink em.

Make the odds for a successful pirate attack 100:1 and they'll soon give up. Costly operation, yes. But I can't see any other answer.

IMO what they should do is place about three subs, and about 10 decoy yachts full of armed soldiers (yachts all based from a big ship) on duty around there plus a couple of decoy cargo ships (or sit on board some of those ships already doing the route)...

...encourage as many pirates out as possible, and as soon as the pirates go for a yacht or other big ship, destroy and sink em.

Make the odds for a successful pirate attack 100:1 and they'll soon give up. Costly operation, yes. But I can't see any other answer.

That all seems a bit too obvious for the military and political minds to get a hold of...like it! Modern Q Ships.

Was that what the Maersk Amsterdam was - it seems to be the only one that has fought back.

Your usual complete and utter bollocks. Why am I not surprised? Your legalised lunatics have already been in action.

The obvious solution is to put RMC teams on UK vessels and offer "convoy" protection to those "flags of convenience" sailing with them. Sink the "pirate" vessels at every opportunity and the problem goes away. Actually the problem goes to the seabed but who cares? Sorted...

Interestingly the French "solution" is also to take the fight to them. I'm all for that because the only authority this scum recognise is firepower...

Your usual complete and utter bollocks. Why am I not surprised?

Sod off PK - I'm getting to the stage where I don't even take your wankerisms seriously anymore.

I've worked with the f**kers, for starters they need three people to do the quivalent job in HM forces, and I don't spose you remember the Iranian hostage rescue and a few other debacles.

I don't get why they don't enforce a convoy system.

Keep the merchantmen close to the navy boys. At the mo the navy ships are chasing their tails as they chase after an attack down south followed by one up north.

Make it so that the merchantmen can't get insurance unless they are in a convoy - any attack will have a destroyer bearing down on them within an hour of it starting. From what I understand it usually takes a few hours of weaving before the pirates can board - by then the navy will have arrived.

I don't get why they don't enforce a convoy system.

Keep the merchantmen close to the navy boys. At the mo the navy ships are chasing their tails as they chase after an attack down south followed by one up north.

Make it so that the merchantmen can't get insurance unless they are in a convoy - any attack will have a destroyer bearing down on them within an hour of it starting. From what I understand it usually takes a few hours of weaving before the pirates can board - by then the navy will have arrived.

Agreed. Insurance is the key here. I am sure there are enough warships in the area to protect convoys, and insurance should be withdrawn from any ship travelling alone.

S

Your usual complete and utter bollocks. Why am I not surprised?

Sod off PK - I'm getting to the stage where I don't even take your wankerisms seriously anymore.

I've worked with the f**kers, for starters they need three people to do the quivalent job in HM forces, and I don't spose you remember the Iranian hostage rescue and a few other debacles.

I suspect that PK's brain is on the way out. He is quite incapable of reason or politeness.

S

Archived