Gordon Brown Writes To The Isle Of Man . . .

Cronky

mass immigration

.... is not the issue.

The UK may be facing a problem with over - population. But immigration is not the cause.

Immigrants are, almost invariably, a positive economic influence.

There may be a problem with poorly educated people having too many children. And especially people who will not typically leave their communities and travel to find work. Immigrants, by contrast, have often already shown that they are willing to search for work.

There is a myth that people having more children will solve some future pensions crisis. The downside of that bad argument is that, if followed through, every generation would need more and more people to pay the pensions etc.

I bet every morning you also chant: "The Leader is good, the Leader is great, we surrender our will as of this date!"

I don't have a general problem with immigration, just sudden/mass immigration when cultures and infrastructure cannot cope - as in the UK - as here to an ever growing extent.

I've heard you chant this line all too often before Pongo, IMO, it's either the result of brainwashing through the education system, or perhaps something more altruistic relating to your own family perhaps?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would they have been made less inefficient? Just curious.

The British Coal mining industry at the time was competing against coal imports from other countries which subsidised their coal mining industries, which was why they couldn't compete. Thatcher could have subsidised the British Coal industry (with the revenue from North Sea Oil and Gas) but decided, on ideological grounds (i.e. because the mines were a mainstay of the British Trade Union organisations), to let it die out.

The same applies to shipbuilding - witness the famous memo from a senior civil servant to the chairman of British Shipbuilders "Margaret wants rid of shipbuilding. Remember that")

People don’t really change as they grow older, at best they either become conditioned by some Pavlovian life experiences or they simply learn to hide their true natures.

Gordon Brown is no exception

While at University he wrote a pamphlet that shows his true character very well.

http://tinyurl.com/dmdv4o takes you to the Daily Mail.

Social security hand-outs should be regarded as "free money", the "so-called welfare State" should be used wherever possible and there's nothing wrong with squatting or being a "parasite", all his words and indicative of his thinking both as Chancellor and now as PM.

If he can find some mug to put up the cash then to hell with the consequences he’ll take it which is JUST what he’s been doing for years and now is doing wholesale.

The fact that he’s selling the nation and the prospects for British people for generations to come won’t matter one iota to the man.

or perhaps something more altruistic relating to your own family perhaps?

Honestly, you are such a penis. I'm almost glad that you spend your days trapped in a paranoid big brother fantasy - you deserve it

Thanks for that - I just noticed I'd used the word 'perhaps' twice in the same sentence too - won't happen again.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you think I am a 'penis' for worrying about immigration levels wrt local culture and infrastructure etc. then I suggest you go and live in the UK in a few different places for a while and see what is really going on and how it has changed with uncontrolled and effectively ghettoised immigration - and the impact on local culture and infrastructure - particularly with regard to the asian community and muslim fraternity.

The clap-trap people like you drivel out in the name of racial equality and multi-culturalism bears little relation to the real everyday world. The island of course is a particularly safe place to spout that kind of over-simplistic blarny. My experience comes from real life experiences and seeing things for myself - not from a newspaper, and not from a 'one-world' school teacher or the likes.

As for living in a 'big brother fantasy', I think you should look at what's been happening in the real world around you. There are things that have come to pass in the last 10 years that have never been allowed to previously happen other than in Eastern europe etc. that have surprised many people. What's so fantastical about the reality?

If you think the world gets on that easy, and all it's problems are that easy to solve - then sorry mate. you're the one living in a fantasy world.

http://tinyurl.com/dmdv4o takes you to the Daily Mail.

There is nothing that could take me to the Daily Mail. At least the Sun doesn't make any pretence about being anything other than a low-brow rag.

The item that Brown wrote appears on a number of 'papers but the DM site is the fastest to open.

The British Coal mining industry at the time was competing against coal imports from other countries which subsidised their coal mining industries, which was why they couldn't compete.

Didn't realise the foreign coal mines were subsidised. I knew the Polish mines were cheaper to run, but suspected that was because of much lower wages.

If you think I am a 'penis' for worrying about immigration levels wrt local culture and infrastructure etc. then I suggest you go and live in the UK in a few different places for a while and see what is really going on and how it has changed with uncontrolled and effectively ghettoised immigration - and the impact on local culture and infrastructure - particularly with regard to the asian community and muslim fraternity.

The negative consequences that appear to have resulted are wholly, or possibly largely, due to racism.

I think the results have been more positive than negative, however.

The negative consequences that appear to have resulted are wholly, or possibly largely, due to racism.

I would agree with the racism playing a part, but I would also insist religious doctrine has much to do with it too, and the ghettoism that has resulted - i.e. god fearing muslims and non god-fearing beer-swilling Brits don't mix - just like oil and water don't mix. They've practically absolutely nothing in common - other than being 'British' (in the sense of the 'Britishness' what Garden Broon constantly drivels on about).

I would agree with the racism playing a part, but I would also insist religious doctrine has much to do with it too, and the ghettoism that has resulted - i.e. god fearing muslims and non god-fearing beer-swilling Brits don't mix - just like oil and water don't mix. They've practically absolutely nothing in common - other than being 'British' (in the sense of the 'Britishness' what Garden Broon constantly drivels on about).

I think it does play a part, in the sense that it different cultures and beliefs creates an impression of a lack of commonality. Due to prejudice people stay around they think they have most in common. Though I don't think doctrine is the reason.

It needs to be asked why other communities have integrated faster. My understanding is that those who have integrated were under far greater pressure to do so. They were marginalised and suffered much because of racism. Integration was their only way out. They saw that assimilation was the only way to prevent such contempt, but this is not something desirable.

I think it does play a part, in the sense that it different cultures and beliefs creates an impression of a lack of commonality. Due to prejudice people stay around they think they have most in common. Though I don't think doctrine is the reason.

It needs to be asked why other communities have integrated faster. My understanding is that those who have integrated were under far greater pressure to do so. They were marginalised and suffered much because of racism. Integration was their only way out. They saw that assimilation was the only way to prevent such contempt, but this is not something desirable.

There's not just an impression of a lack of commonality - these are very real differences and very practical everyday differences - attitude to bank lending, prayer first, going to the pub, the films they watch and the films they are not allowed to watch, their attitude to women, their religious based laws, their religious based politics etc. etc. I said both racism and religious doctrine were big issues - but it is their religious doctrine that undermines their overall adaptability to our culture IMO.

Integration is a two way process, not a one way process. I have worked with quite a few muslims. I also have a few muslim friends and ex-colleagues believe it or not from my previous work - but going round to tea at their house is really hard work, yet I was the one making all the effort - and they won't change because they are not allowed to change through doctrine - you either accept them the way they are or you don't, because they'll rarely move to be the way we are. It's like going to your grans after school in the 1890s - with the major difference most of the time mum can't speak any English, because she's not been allowed to learn it.

I don't usually agree with the cheese-eating surrender monkeys but I think their policy on religion in their schools is exactly right.

The law was passed in 2004, I wonder if it is making a difference?

There's not just an impression of a lack of commonality - these are very real differences and very practical everyday differences - attitude to bank lending, prayer first, going to the pub, the films they watch and the films they are not allowed to watch, their attitude to women, their religious based laws, their religious based politics etc. etc. I said both racism and religious doctrine were big issues - but it is their religious doctrine that undermines their overall adaptability to our culture IMO.

Yeah I would agree with that. Though I think prejudice makes it very difficult to find a 'starting point' or motivation for communicating and relating to other people. People generally focus on the differences and not so much the similarities.

I don't usually agree with the cheese-eating surrender monkeys but I think their policy on religion in their schools is exactly right.

I don't know what their policies are?

Surrender monkeys? Bit of an unfair name to call them.

I've heard you chant this line all too often before Pongo, IMO, it's either the result of brainwashing through the education system, or perhaps something more altruistic relating to your own family perhaps?

It seems quite strange from my perspective that you would try to find a reason for me having relatively typical and normal european opinions - and that, to you, these opinions seem something like indoctrination. From my perspective that would possibly say something about the cultural baggage / dead weight which you are carrying - or even the possible influence of political and cultural indoctrination on your own perspective.

I certainly do not assume that the opinions or traditions of my misguided ancestors are necessarily worth preserving. But thanks for giving me the stimulus to think about that.

Archived