[BBC News] 16 teams confirmed for 'green' TT

Newsbot

Oh I get it - you're the serious one, and SLOW/covevolution is the clown. You're sort of like the Little and Large of the biking world. The Morecambe and Wise TT Christmas Special. Cannon and Ball. Etc,etc...... lol,lol............ Ya Muscle Mary Fuckwits!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I get it - you're the serious one, and SLOW/covevolution is the clown. You're sort of like the Little and Large of the biking world. The Morecambe and Wise TT Christmas Special. Cannon and Ball. Etc,etc...... lol,lol............ Ya Muscle Mary Fuckwits!

Sorry, I must have disappointed you because I've been engaging in the correct way of posting, and I assumed the use of this forum, of which I'm a member by the way was open for my participation ??

You continue as you are though keyboarder, because your the one looking like the Fuckwit now matey LOL

Haven't you got some Jimmy Dunlop photos to go and jack off over?

I'm happily married with kids possibly your age, so I don't think I need to do things like that. But hey, don't let me stop you having a pull over your Thesaurus and Dictionaries!!

Now, will you please just leave me to participate in some of the topics on here, and maybe you’ll get your chance again to have a go if we ever disagree on one of your topics in the future, but in the mean time, don’t you think you may have ruined enough topics with this childish behaviour!

• 4 weeks later...

oh dear.

there is an acre of land set asside in nobles park for the TTXGP bikes as a paddock. The corpy has even planted a TTXGP logo in the big flower bed buy the cricket pavillion only one thing missing now - the bikes. Paddock has 2 vans in and i have seen 2 bikes one green #11 the other was in bits but running on its stand.

word round the campfire is theres 2 more on the island the riders have to run these themselves, other riders have reported a sudden end in communication with their respective teams!

its looking like a bit of a damp sqib at the moment and i think wednesday is practice night for them?? shame as its a great concept but maybe 1/2 years too early.

its looking like a bit of a damp sqib at the moment and i think wednesday is practice night for them?? shame as its a great concept but maybe 1/2 years too early.

The German team is up and running, rather well actually

http://www.manxtube.com/video/741/TTXGP--F...ractice-Session

FirstEverTTXGPPractice03.jpg

2000 Batteries, around 240kg weight and pretty quick, even on the first run yesterday. That University team was supposed to go out as well, but their starship voyager like creation wasn't ready, or working, or both - will post some pics of it later.

impressive stuff, how long was his run?

strange that they were at jurby yet most riders are saying the first time they get to ride one of these bikes will be down bray hill which is less than ideal as there is no trackday at jurby to test them out so your video is intriguing.

Practice is monday and wednesday of next week so i guess the have some time but its looking dodgy, there will almost certainly be a minimum amount of competitors for the organisers to run the race. it will be a shame for those few that made the trip if it doesnt go ahead.

impressive stuff, how long was his run?

strange that they were at jurby yet most riders are saying the first time they get to ride one of these bikes will be down bray hill which is less than ideal as there is no trackday at jurby to test them out so your video is intriguing.

Practice is monday and wednesday of next week so i guess the have some time but its looking dodgy, there will almost certainly be a minimum amount of competitors for the organisers to run the race. it will be a shame for those few that made the trip if it doesnt go ahead.

Did about 23 laps iirc - 1.7 miles each, is it? Had plenty of battery power left afterwards - was really just a first test to see if it all works and what speeds they could get. TTXGP has booked the track at Jurby for a few days, so teams can test before they go for the first real lap around the TT course.

Two of the latest rumours from the back of the cab;

The electric bikes will change batteries at Sulby pits to get them up the hills;

The TT is being brought forward three weeks to fit into Rossi's schedule.

You're saying they won't have the battery capacity to get round the course?

Fancy that. Who would ever have guessed it?

S

Sebrof being a smug twat, who would ever have guessed it?

It's the first year, why don't you wait and see how they do?

Two of the latest rumours from the back of the cab;

The electric bikes will change batteries at Sulby pits to get them up the hills;

The TT is being brought forward three weeks to fit into Rossi's schedule.

S

I'm calling bullshit from the back of a cab.

Sebrof being a smug twat, who would ever have guessed it?

It's the first year, why don't you wait and see how they do?

OK, here's a prediction.

If they go fast, they won't get round the course. By fast, I mean the maximum speed of which they are capable.

If they get round the course, they won't be going very fast.

Incidentally, I'll be delighted to be proved wrong. I'm actually as interested in this as you are; it's just that I think the battery technology has been over-hyped.

S

Electric cars struggle to cover 40 miles on a single charge.

They are bigger and heavier than motorcycles, but on the other hand they have MASSIVE batteries by comparison.

The faster they go, the less their range becomes.

Which means Sebrof is correct. There will be a throttle setting which will allow the TTXGP bikes to cruise round a 37-mile course, but it WON'T be maximum throttle.

And as soon as they need energy to climb hills (there are plenty round the TT course, but I'm thinking of the big one after Ramsey) power consumption goes up, speed goes down, and so does battery life.

I too shall be interested to see how they cope with this.

Archived