[BBC News] Longer road closures for TT race

Newsbot

Fubar - Quayle's a tit. I've seen better management at Luton Town FC.

They couldn't sabotage things, make 1000 marshals instantly unpopular, and give the TT as bad a name with as many locals and businesses, any better than this than if they tried.

Resign.

This would never have happened under Earnshaw or Cretney not in a million of years, ever, never, no chance.

MAN THAT SAVED THE TT, where are you now ? :( when the TT needs you and your gang of sycophants!! :blink:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They couldn't sabotage things, make 1000 marshals instantly unpopular, and give the TT as bad a name with as many locals and businesses, any better than this than if they tried.

Resign.

This would never have happened under Earnshaw or Cretney not in a million of years, ever, never, no chance.

MAN THAT SAVED THE TT, where are you now ? :( when the TT needs you and your gang of sycophants!! :blink:

Is this the same Earnshaw that killed off Peel Bay Festival, Ramsey Pier and the MER? He could hardly have done any worse, but it is unlikely that he'd have done any better, with his track record.

Resign.

Yes just where is the MAN WHO SAVED THE TT? Has he been moved sideways?

You can hardly blame Earnshaw for the Peel Bay Festival. Irving asked for a ridiculous amount of money and he said no. Good on him.

Let's do some comparison studies.............

• Would that "ridiculous amount" be less than the amount "invested" in TTxGP?
  • Would that "ridiculous amount" be less than the amount "invested" in forgetting to buy the euros for the runway extension?

Answer to both = Yes

It's unlikely to have been Earnshaw's fault, but the "ridiculous amount" has been wasted a few (conservative estimate) times over since then.

Resign.

BEEN GAGGED

Just like when Peter Karran asked the question in Tynwald on how much has been spent on North One and where has the £880k been spent on expences for this years TT. Electric Bikes and North One must be getting the best of everything

This really is getting ridiculous now, it could all be avoided with a few early morning sessions, it's not as risky as hoping enough people are going to be able to get out of work and on station in time.

If they go ahead with things as they are, it's almost guaranteed to suffer delays due to accidents due to people rushing to get home or lack of marshals.

Talks take place over plans close the Isle of Man's roads earlier ahead of this year's TT race.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8004188.stm

Bruce Hannay and his "My Department . . . facilitating government...blah blah....waffle...panic"

When the Isle of Man has so many clowns like this elevated into positions well beyond their capability, it is no wonder the Isle of Man will soon be seeing a collapse of the good ol' times.

Well I have to say well done the BBC lad for waiting outside the Department of Tourism building for quite a while this evening for further footage at the end of today's talks........

They've taken the gentle hints and decided to drop the extra hour's practice idea. 8 MGP riders have had to be dropped from the race as they will no longer have the opportunity to qualify. Entries have re-opened in order to let the teams find replacement riders from those already racing in the TT.

Tune into next weeks hilarious episode when Marty and his whacky chums go to town on the tram to buy some wallpaper and end up starting World War 3.

Tourism Minister Martyn Quayle is reluctant to apologise for the apparent error of judgement:

He told Manx Radio:

I don't know if you would need anybody to apologise for something that was done in the best interests of the Isle of Man and the events, and also which would benefit the Island's economy.

"It was the right thing to do based on the information that was available at that time, it's just the changing set of circumstances that has now led us to think afresh of what we can do to overcome the particular problems.

"So I don't know whether an apology is required."

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Tourism Minister Martyn Quayle is reluctant to apologise for the apparent error of judgement:

He told Manx Radio:

I don't know if you would need anybody to apologise for something that was done in the best interests of the Isle of Man and the events, and also which would benefit the Island's economy.

"It was the right thing to do based on the information that was available at that time, it's just the changing set of circumstances that has now led us to think afresh of what we can do to overcome the particular problems.

"So I don't know whether an apology is required."

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

so lots of marshalls actually work for a living and don't finish till 5 o'clock?? how the fuck was that information NOT available at the time?? useless twat.

They've taken the gentle hints and decided to drop the extra hour's practice idea. 8 MGP riders have had to be dropped from the race as they will no longer have the opportunity to qualify. Entries have re-opened in order to let the teams find replacement riders from those already racing in the TT.

So all this was to accommodate 8 mgp riders?

Archived