[BBC News] Longer road closures for TT race

Newsbot

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone feeling bad now?

the 8 mgp riders who thought they'd get some extra practice laps?? you have to wonder why the rules were changed to allow them to enter in the first place?? surely there are enough proper TT riders to man a few C5's on steroids?

Anyone feeling bad now?

the 8 mgp riders who thought they'd get some extra practice laps?? you have to wonder why the rules were changed to allow them to enter in the first place?? surely there are enough proper TT riders to man a few C5's on steroids?

Those C5s are the future of the event. Seriously - they could scrap one or more of the other races to make space for it. Or even make it the main event. And it has the potential to be way more sell-able as TV and content which people will watch and which will generate revenue.

Who is going to ride these bikes now, the regulations state that a rider wanting to ride on the TT mountain must obtain TT licence first by completing at least six other road races prior to the TT in the same year. Mick Grant is entered on one of these bikes and yet he has retired from racing so the rules must be getting bent again.

Who is going to ride these bikes now, the regulations state that a rider wanting to ride on the TT mountain must obtain TT licence first by completing at least six other road races prior to the TT in the same year. Mick Grant is entered on one of these bikes and yet he has retired from racing so the rules must be getting bent again.

ofcourse they are getting bent. bent is ok, broken is a different story?? :huh: there will be plenty of riders that qualify on the gas guzzlers that would have a whizz on battery bike. they could ofcourse rebadge the TT battery thing as something else without TT in the title ( though that may defeat the object of the propoganda? ) or a technical getout could be to start the bikes 10 feet infront of the start finish line and finish them on it, so they won't actually have 'raced' the entire course therefore no need for the TT 'course' licence as you aren't doing the entire course?? where's a dodgey lawyer when you need one?? thats right, EVERYWHERE.

yeah mick grant will be out, no way they could fudge the rules now. i have heard a couple of TT names who have taken the spots already so i doubt there will be a problem. i think i am correct in saying the entire TT field is elegible to ride these bikes, Solo riders, Sidecar drivers and passengers. i wouldnt worry about Hans Von Ohm coming all this way with his €1M sewing machine and not being able to find a rider.

Shame for the MGP riders who were entered but it they made the correct decision.

Is it true has Mr Quayle - completed a U turn and bowed to majority opinion ?

Well done to the Marshalls and Medics for saying NO to the extra hour practice for the scaletrix bikes.

I hope this is right and we can get back to the real issue of the TT which of course is ...............

how many public toilets will be at hillberry corner this year? well it was a tynwald question after all so it must be more important than the extra hour of road closure !

John Houghton - bringing the real issues to the people.

Organisers of the new "green TT" event make a U-turn on holding early practice sessions.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8005265.stm

What the f... , Strategic plans to keep traffic flowing at roundabouts !! Which ones SIGNPOST, GOVERNERS, QUARTER BRIDGE, BRADDAN ??????. They are on the course you were wanting to shut :lol:

What a twerp you are Mr Quayle.

Hurrah!

Summon the guardian of common decency!

post-4809-1240033135_thumb.jpg

And he shall bring forth the water closets.

And lo they shall cover the land and the people will rejoice.

I'd strongly suggest we as a forum give serious thought to the next elections.

This latest incident is just typical

We appear to be governed by people who are unable to do the job and respond effectively to a situation.

Whilst that may well be true of governments elsewhere as well, it's in our hands here to effect a change.

In between the bitching and the lunancy, we seem collectively to be able to produce clearer solutions than the present bunch of incompetents.

Between us all, we have a good spread of business and other knowledge and a good platform.

Maybe it's time to look into using it.

Organisers of the new "green TT" event make a U-turn on holding early practice sessions.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8005265.stm

From above report:

Page last updated at 19:39 GMT, Friday, 17 April 2009 20:39 UK

A nice enough piece of up-to-date reporting from the BBC . . . *

Looks like the meeting went on quite late. The Island-based BBC camera guy was still there when we came out of the pub at 6 o'clock.

*(I still reserve the right to grumpily and foul-mouthedly give the BBC a good slanging when needed though)

Archived