[BBC News] Longer road closures for TT race

Newsbot

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that the TT should be stopped completely. It is an inconvenience to me. In South Africa, we would not allow this on public roads. Why can't they build a racetrack or something?

Can I be first?

There's a There might be a boat in the morning

If it does really inconvenience you so much, then I recommend you use the wonderful roads of your home country instead.

Bye

I think that the TT should be stopped completely. It is an inconvenience to me. In South Africa, we would not allow this on public roads. Why can't they build a racetrack or something?

Can I be first?

There's a There might be a boat in the morning

If it does really inconvenience you so much, then I recommend you use the wonderful roads of your home country instead.

Bye

No thanks my transport of choice is airline- business class naturally

Stuart: I agree with you, but I don't think any sort of forward thinking plan will actually happen. It'll change when petrol becomes too expensive.

Seems about the normal level of intelligent response from the petrolheads to anything remotely critical of the "leaden-headed old anachronism", the tt (lower case to shopw the degree of respect I have for it).

Interesting that they're (the TT fan club) picketing the likes of tesco's now to drum up support. If the TT's so universally loved by the manx, why do they need to do that?

Last gasps of the dying I reckon.

It was the TT Marshals Association promoting marshaling, hardly trying to advertise the TT!

I know there are a minority who don't like the TT, why should it finish to suit their selfish attitude? It's been around a hundred and two years, what makes things different now, other than the me me me know all attitude that prevails today? A great many people get tremendous pleasure from the event, if you don't like it, go and live somwhere that doesn't have anything going on that distubs your sad idylic little lives!

I don't like a lot of things about this Island (born and bred here), but I don't want anything to change just to suit me, I have a choice, so do you!

I'm sorry but it is a hassle. My house is on the course and I am trapped in all day or have to make plans to stay out all day. Also, the TT just encourages "petrolheads" who think it is fun to see if they can overtake cars whilst causing danger to other road users. What is the deal with these guys?

It was the TT Marshals Association promoting marshaling, hardly trying to advertise the TT!

I know there are a minority who don't like the TT, why should it finish to suit their selfish attitude? It's been around a hundred and two years, what makes things different now, other than the me me me know all attitude that prevails today? A great many people get tremendous pleasure from the event, if you don't like it, go and live somwhere that doesn't have anything going on that distubs your sad idylic little lives!

I don't like a lot of things about this Island (born and bred here), but I don't want anything to change just to suit me, I have a choice, so do you!

They had the TT cups there on display, hows that promoting marshalling?

I'm not impressed with "if you dont' like it, leave" really. Not very public spirited is it? I'm not that bothered by the TT itself as it happens, it's on closed roads and they can do what they like to themselves, its what the supporters get up to on open roads that I object to.

My perception is though that the event is struggling, struggling to attract fans, struggling to attract marshals and struggling to attract teams and riders. In your opinion is the event growing or declining in popularity?

I'm not impressed with "if you dont' like it, leave" really. Not very public spirited is it? I'm not that bothered by the TT itself as it happens, it's on closed roads and they can do what they like to themselves, its what the supporters get up to on open roads that I object to.

My perception is though that the event is struggling, struggling to attract fans, struggling to attract marshals and struggling to attract teams and riders. In your opinion is the event growing or declining in popularity?

I am excited about the electric event and by the potential to morph the TT into something modern, innovative and interesting. As it would once have been. I hope that as they are able to quickly build on the technology side as the rest gradually winds down. It does not need to be just about going fast.

Archived