Newsbotisms

Declan

I think ill -mannered highly paid arrogant foul mouthed ignorant, ill-educated twats.

Spooky, I just read your post and thought the same.

As stated, that is my general opinion of the BBC. Not necessarily our local hacks sat round the hired desk up at Manx Radio offices. There are plenty of comments directed at them from others in this thread.

(I'll hold my hand up to myself being ill-mannered, arrogant, foul mouthed, ignorant, ill-educated and a bit of a twat though)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foxdale sheep farmer decapitates the Hospital Boss after the Illiam Dhone ceremony

Polish man murders the goodwill of the public when eating at the Ballawilleykilley appreciation society

Nice!!

All Newsbot provides us is its fuckwitted ramblings, often days after the event and well into a manxforums thread on the subject.

Ahh, but it was Newsbot that broke the big story of the week...

In this thread sort of

Extra practice times will mean that road closures on 3, 4 and 5 June will be at 1600 BST, rather than 1700 BST.

The forum then debates whether Newsbot has it correct or not. Before deciding Newsbot is probably wrong. Until ...

Manx radio confirms it the next day.

We then kick it about again before the newspaper picks up the story ...

IOM Today on the 14th, they may be 4 days behind Newsbot and 3 days behind MR, but at least they recognise that the impact on Douglas traffic is the main part of the story for most people and give it prominence. Where it causes some controversy. At about the same time Manx Radio starts to spin for the Govt. (they have two more pro-Govt stories before acknowledging that other point of views exisit).

Then four days after inadvertantly kicking it all off Newsbot is onto the story.

Do you think Newsbot has read this thread, and is now making deliberate errors to amuse us? Since I started this thread Newsbot has made 9 posts.

During the course of these Quintin Gill has become "a senior MHK", Peter Karran "a senior minister", confused "a bonus" and "a pay rise" and invented something called a "job permit". He has appeared unsure about the difference between a civil servant and an MHK, and failed to grasp that a "UK Resident" cannot be "living in the Isle of Man".

And found himself in the following syntactical muddle -

This year's theme, All things bright and beautiful, will see flowers, photographs and paintings at sites including Laxey Wheel, Castle Rushen.

And this one ...

After 1 April 2010, if a Manx resident requires treatment an accident and emergency department in the UK charges will be made for their treatment.

He may have failed his GCSE's in English Language and Manx Government and Politics, but at least he's mastered Physics -

The size of the windmill determines the number needed to produce the required amount of energy.

• 4 months later...

Archived