Any Drum And Bass Djs?

oogie boogie

JF: really? I'll have to go and have a gander. I'm starting to get to the age now where I could have 7 year old offspring running around I don't know about haha.

g00p: I don't see why a night couldn't be organised. Amber has always been quite open to try new things.

If there are any bars or clubs with side rooms to rent that might be handy. Atleast that way the management would see how much interest there is in the night.

very true..

hrmmm, im not a massive fan of amber, bit cramped - but i get ya, they do do alot of stuff - i remember dancing away to hardstyle in there at one point :)

i wonder if the newly reopened douglas will be up for doing stuff again - it was ace for music in the pool room

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol! ace

i reckon the douglas should be looked at

dunno how long its been reopened for, and i dunno if they still have a music licence coz its now owned by satan...or heron and brearly

a matter that should be persued tho methinks!

What about the local church guys? heard they do some mean drum and bass plus you get free bread and wine

That's made my week! If church was like that I'd be proper holy ;-)

I used to be a D&B DJ, well that mixed with a bit of Big Beat, Electro, Jump Up, Dub Step etc..... and I had an Old School Indie night that ran for 6 years.. thats before I got all grown up and got a kid and a mortgage. Wouldn't mind dusting off the decks and the vinyl again for the right night.

Morning all.

We are looking to do a dnb night at either upstairs g&ds or the bbb as soon as possible (or any other similar venue suggestions please) - with a view to doing a monthly if there is enough support. Clearly costs are a factor so places with a decent sound system or who can help on that front would be good.

If anyone has the correct contact details / names for those who are responsible for taking bookings at either of these two venues if they could send me a pm and let us know that would be great.

I know the bbb seems to be in a "transitional period" but looking at that other thread maybe it is all sorted now and they are taking bookings(?)

sonic jihad boys doing an excellent job but it aint really a dnb night so we hope there is room for one on the iom

If anyone is up for supporting a dnb night or getting involved let me know, cheers

@oogie boogie - we were prob the people who "pulled out" but I think there may have been some confusion as I was away on that date and had been booked to be away for months so there was no way we could have done it, anyways hope all is good.

What about the local church guys? heard they do some mean drum and bass plus you get free bread and wine

That's made my week! If church was like that I'd be proper holy ;-)

I used to be a D&B DJ, well that mixed with a bit of Big Beat, Electro, Jump Up, Dub Step etc..... and I had an Old School Indie night that ran for 6 years.. thats before I got all grown up and got a kid and a mortgage. Wouldn't mind dusting off the decks and the vinyl again for the right night.

It’s never too late get them decks oiled and spinning - I have suggested in another thread that the Woolworths spot would be ideal for a drum and bass church so you never know you could maybe do opening night ?

all these places people are mentioning are just so small

if i were on the dancefloor i know i'd lose my rag trying to bust some grooves to dirty beats in those places

has nobody got a bigger venue!? darn this dang island. bring back the venue :(

the bigger the better, and the bigger the license the better i spose - the more dj's the merrier!

if i were on the dancefloor i know i'd lose my rag trying to bust some grooves to dirty beats in those places

the bigger the better, and the bigger the license the better i spose - the more dj's the merrier!

I'm with ya on that 1, i bloody loved the Venue it was perfect. Everywhere else is just 2 small!

I'm with ya on that 1, i bloody loved the Venue it was perfect. Everywhere else is just 2 small!

arr the venue.. good old days..

:rolleyes:

Archived