Connecting Xbox 360 To Tv

Gladys

We have moved the XBox 360 and tried to connect it to other TVs, but in each case we have no colour or sound. One TV is HD and when we flick the HD/TV switch on the cable we loose the picture entirely. What are we doing wrong?

We have moved the XBox 360 and tried to connect it to other TVs, but in each case we have no colour or sound. One TV is HD and when we flick the HD/TV switch on the cable we loose the picture entirely. What are we doing wrong?

I think the colour thing could be that the 360 is set to display in NTSC, yet your TV is only capable of showing PAL. Long time since I had the same problem and it tends to be with older consoles.

Could be a similar thing with the hD one, reconnect it to the TV that worked and check the display settings.

the reset works as soon as you power on the system by the power button on the console, push and hold y and the trigger down at the same time and hold them down until the system restarts itself.

power button

y and trigger holding holding holding

system restarts

it takes about 3 to 5 seconds for it to reset

now if you really can't get the time right for reset you can always grab the vga adapter plug it into your computer monitor and do it that way, hell if you've got a good computer monitor i'd run it that way anyway since 480p is barf when the games are native in 720p.

also like fab said plug it in using the yellow video and reset that way

*Lifted direct from another forum - apologies if wrong*

Archived