[BBC News] Plan for leisure facilities forum

Newsbot

Young people on the Isle of Man are being asked how social and leisure facilities on the island could be improved.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/8008832.stm

I still think a small indoor theme park is viable, would also like a classic arcade with many old games.

Also if we can have anything - a full scale Jedi temple (biggest religion in the British Isles - people would come just to dress up).

The Liberal Vannin one, last week in Ramsey, was quite useful. I hope Annie's effort is as good as ours was

I agree Pat, would be nice if the IOMG did put as much effort into Youth as other voluntary organisations etc did. So what was the outcome? Apart from a skate park…

Also if we can have anything - a full scale Jedi temple (biggest religion in the British Isles - people would come just to dress up).

Yes, please...! Tony Brown could paint himself green and be Yoda and Adrian Earnshaw could be Count Dooku.

Yet again my hopes to see a fully fledged Museum of Felt on the IOM are dashed.

Surely the lives of disaffected youth would be enriched by a full knowledge of the manufacture and use of Felt througout history.

Interactive historical displays, a chance to actually make some Felt, free samples etc.

Why will no one listen?

Archived