Uk Budget

Lee54

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New tax rate of 50% from next April on incomes over £150k.

We should have that here maybe - eg for the head of the FSC + similar + heads of the banks etc.

Actually I can see higher taxes for the, so called, 'fat cats' being very popular and having no negatives at this point in the economic cycle.

Time to take out full page adverts about the island and our tax levels on high earners in all the broadsheets, take out 2 in the FT.

What would be the point given that income earned in the UK is taxable in the UK ?

Time to take out full page adverts about the island and our tax levels on high earners in all the broadsheets, take out 2 in the FT.

What would be the point given that income earned in the UK is taxable in the UK ?

I would assume the point would be to encourage companies for whom relocation or partial relocation to the Isle of Man is practically viable to do so.

There's an election next year at the latest, so I predict a BS budget. Lots of BS about how much they reckon they will save by 'efficiencies' (and NuShites record is abominable on that score), BS about tackling offshores and tax dodgers (which probably will only amount to a few individuals in reality), BS money for electric cars and other green BS that doesn't make a real difference in the real economy. Plus lots of donkey/carrot announcements - delays in NI increases and maybe even a surprise tax cut for the lower paid (traditional labour voters) - but VAT back up as fast as he can. I'd be surprised if he dare touch beer and fags in this budget.

Oh well Albert "wankerism" Tatlock - completely wrong again! Never mind, look on the bright side, you're used to it... :)

For all those not ignorantly blinded by their political bigotry an excellent and thought-provoking (for those who can think that is) piece here from my Sindie on just how far away the UK is from being a police state. Sober reading for the mindless tub-thumpers...

There's an election next year at the latest, so I predict a BS budget. Lots of BS about how much they reckon they will save by 'efficiencies' (and NuShites record is abominable on that score), BS about tackling offshores and tax dodgers (which probably will only amount to a few individuals in reality), BS money for electric cars and other green BS that doesn't make a real difference in the real economy. Plus lots of donkey/carrot announcements - delays in NI increases and maybe even a surprise tax cut for the lower paid (traditional labour voters) - but VAT back up as fast as he can. I'd be surprised if he dare touch beer and fags in this budget.

Oh well Albert "wankerism" Tatlock - completely wrong again! Never mind, look on the bright side, you're used to it... :)

For all those not ignorantly blinded by their political bigotry an excellent and thought-provoking (for those who can think that is) piece here from my Sindie on just how far away the UK is from being a police state. Sober reading for the mindless tub-thumpers...

Not really - read the speech not the headlines. £35 billion of supposed government efficiency savings mentioned, tax evasion and avoidance mentioned, BS car scheme and other green BS mentioned, VAT back up in December and not extended as was being discussed mentioned, increase in tax credits for the poorer workers. Yes - beer and fags got hit, and NI contribution increases were not deferred - with an election coming up I'm a bit surprised.

80% right is better than being 100% arsehole like you anyday. Retrospectacles suit tits like you.

Just responding in kind to your 'wankerism' comment. Expect back at least what you give.

Pot, Kettle, Black, Knobhead...

Sod off PK - I'm getting to the stage where I don't even take your wankerisms seriously anymore.

If you're not man enough to take it then just maybe you shouldn't hand it out hypocrite...

Just responding in kind to your 'wankerism' comment. Expect back at least what you give.

Pot, Kettle, Black, Knobhead...

Sod off PK - I'm getting to the stage where I don't even take your wankerisms seriously anymore.

If you're not man enough to take it then just maybe you shouldn't hand it out hypocrite...

I only respond - you are the one out on the offensive with the offensive.

The defence rests.

Caught out again Albert, not that I mind, you're fun to play with...

Your usual complete and utter bollocks. Why am I not surprised?

Your selective mammory missed out what that was about - better get yourself checked out for Altzeimers.

Give it up Albert, you're starting to sound like an embarrassing relative...

This did it to you though:

To a "Tatlock..." "T"

New tax rate of 50% from next April on incomes over £150k.

Phew - looks like I got out of there just in time :lol:

+1

Been on Island for less than a month. Got out before the start of the new tax year..... ;)

Oh damn yet another tax dodging comeover.............go away please.

Archived