Rfid & Tesco

Mission

Shoprite could learn a thing or two from Tescos.

I went into Shoprite for the first time in years last night (long story, was trying to find haggis) after coming from Tesco and the difference was amazing. Tesco was buzzing with customers, plenty of staff on hand. Shortite was nearly empty, there was an unpleasant smell from around the meat counter and there was a couple of bored looking lads on the checkout. Is it normally that much quieter than Tesco?

I've also been in M&S on a Thursday evening and been the only shopper on the whole ground floor. I had to ask one staff member if they were waiting to close but she said they were open for another hour or so yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the link acess55 - instead of a hoovering robot I think I'll stick with a hoovering husband for now  :)

Error code 1234 whilst processing statement AB12HX29: Verb:Hoovering & noun:Husband = mutually exclusive. Malfunction - does not compute. Would you like to inform Microsoft of this error?

:)

• 1 year later...

Here is a new report on RFID chips, wonderful times we live in!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/02/rf...tudy_disavowed/

A bit like this you mean?

Yep, it will all end in tears!

Mind u, there is a polarity flip on the way, that could change things we hope :)

Until then.....http://www.endofworld.net/

If you've bought Tesco tea bags - chances are you've already ingested one of their RFID tags, and been scanned and identified last time you went past the till. Science fiction?

Muhahahahahahaha!

When I lived in England I sometimes shopped at Safeway in Ilkeston. Pick up a 'gun' at entrance, scan your goods as you get them and unload gun at end of store, pay by card and away you went. Occassionally another check was done by staff, about once every 20 visits. Very quick and reliable.

Nothing new under the sun.

I find M&S system quite clumsy.

Archived