Do You Still Beat Your Wife?

Rog

I'm not entirley sure what you're getting at Rog but I do have a problem with the question.

It asks to approve this particular treaty and doesn't ask the public directly whether they want an EU constitution.

Therefore, even if the referendum produces a clear 'no' the government can enter the constitution later and argue that the public only voted against that particular treaty and not the overall principle of the constitiution.

OK i'm thinking.....

But dont understand...maybe my wife has been beating me too much!

'K --- here's the UK referendum question on the EU constitution ---

"Should the United Kingdom approve the treaty establishing a constitution for the European Union?''

You can only answer yes or no, what do you think that a 'no' vote would mean and what do you think a 'yes' vote would mean?

I'm not entirley sure what you're getting at Rog but I do have a problem with the question.

It asks to approve this particular treaty and doesn't ask the public directly whether they want an EU constitution.

Therefore, even if the referendum produces a clear 'no' the government can enter the constitution later and argue that the public only voted against that particular treaty and not the overall principle of the constitiution.

Sorry, we crossed in the post!

Yes, precisely. Bloody sneakey that.

"Should the United Kingdom approve the treaty establishing a constitution for the European Union?''

At first glance "a constitution" troubles me. Any old constitution or a draft one or something to be dreamed up later?

Gosh, does anyone know enough to answer?

At first glance "a constitution" troubles me. Any old constitution or a draft one or something to be dreamed up later?

Gosh, does anyone know enough to answer?

A lot of people will THINK that they do.

oh fo sure we should be aloud to bitch slap these hoes especially if they cheat on ya nothin but scum all woman are the same, but come on ladies you all know i still love ya'll ;)

think about it ---.

I believe we already have a treaty of the EEC called the Treaty of Rome. The Isle of Man is considered under that treaty under Protocol 3. As for the EU apart from the EEC my knowledge is nil.

I do not have the knowledge of Rog and other intellectual scholars on this matter but would like to express my personal views about the EEC or a United Europe.

I was taught at school many years ago that the EEC was basically a trade agreement for member countries to participate in for mutual financial benefit and that reason only.

Britain joined the EEC after a referendum (don’t know the date) and since then there has been nothing but bloody hastle. The EEC set up various bodies and established human rights courts and other stuff that the people of Britain originally never knew they would be subjected to when they voted in the referendum.

Ok! the EEC has brought about some good stuff. Decent employment rights and other aspects of human rights that the UN has miserably failed to do while allowing despot nations to even today sit on their Security Council just because they have bigger guns.

And If the EEC has a common currency then that is ok by me. Less trouble when we go on holiday. But!.......................

If the EECor EU means we have to be a compliant member of a United States of Europe and loose what little is left of our British Sovereignty then I am against it.

At the end of the day we are British and the ultimate right of Britain to determine what we do on a global scale should be the prerogative of Britain and not be subject to the dictate of other nations whose values on life are different to ours.

Particularly so as a result of the French attitude to the coalition to liberate Iraq from that evil man Saddam.

Archived