Gaming Headphones

Virtual_Boy

Anyone know if GAME in douglas have them in stock?

I know they are in stock on the website but I have some money on one of those gift cards and it cant be redeemed online :angry:

Failing that have GAME an alternative to the gift card I can exchange for and then purchase online?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They dont.

Funnily enough I was looking at these the other week as the Mrs was complaining that she thought World War 3 was happening in my games room.

Bit pricey mind you.

Same here LOL I think the baby is going to grow up with shell shock if I don't do something soon.

Think I'll wait for lime (limexb360.co.uk) to get them back in stock, apparently their customer service is second to none and £10 cheaper to boot.

Same here LOL I think the baby is going to grow up with shell shock if I don't do something soon.

Think I'll wait for lime (limexb360.co.uk) to get them back in stock, apparently their customer service is second to none and £10 cheaper to boot.

Couldnt agree more, that chap (cant remember his name) is a really nice chap and helped me out no end when i got mine last year and i was having problems getting them to work.

Lee

Lime used to be the official UK distributor for Turtle Beach products however they have now lost the distribution rights.Turtle Beach have now moved to 3 other distributors that I know of , and we will be getting some X1's X3's & X4's in early May.I have just checked Lime XB's prices and we will be able to match them if you want.

I have used a pair of X1's and they are far superior to the official Xbox products.Definitely well worth the extra.

Lime used to be the official UK distributor for Turtle Beach products however they have now lost the distribution rights.Turtle Beach have now moved to 3 other distributors that I know of , and we will be getting some X1's X3's & X4's in early May.I have just checked Lime XB's prices and we will be able to match them if you want.

I have used a pair of X1's and they are far superior to the official Xbox products.Definitely well worth the extra.

Nice one mark :thumbsup:

Just been looking at another pair of 5.1's, the tritton AXPro's a nice bit of kit.

Wondering if I really need them to be wireless now lol.

Edit: Ooo... Check out the Astro A40's too!

@Mark, are you gonna have a pair of X4's set up in the shop?

Would love to see what they are like before dropping £140.

• 1 month later...

Well at the time lime decided to sell out of X4's so while I was waiting I did some research, I decided to push the boat out and buy an Astro mix amp and pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700's.

I went onto the Astro website and popped the mix amp in my basket to see how much the P&P would be, then tried to find out roughly how much the import duty/tax would rob me.

Whilst I was looking lime announced they would be getting stock from Astro, well friday came (seemed to take forever) and I ended up purchasing both the A40's and mix amp :D (AD700's will have to come later)

Im hoping they will arrive tomorrow (yea right!), has anyone on here used the Astro audio system before, maybe a friend has one?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Well at the time lime decided to sell out of X4's so while I was waiting I did some research, I decided to push the boat out and buy an Astro mix amp and pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700's.

I went onto the Astro website and popped the mix amp in my basket to see how much the P&P would be, then tried to find out roughly how much the import duty/tax would rob me.

Whilst I was looking lime announced they would be getting stock from Astro, well friday came (seemed to take forever) and I ended up purchasing both the A40's and mix amp :D (AD700's will have to come later)

Im hoping they will arrive tomorrow (yea right!), has anyone on here used the Astro audio system before, maybe a friend has one?

Aaron, any word on what the A40's are like? Toying with getting a set this week over the x41's with the amount of bad press/reviews they're getting. Either that or the Mix-Amp ATH-AD700 combo like you were suggesting earlier.

Aaron, any word on what the A40's are like? Toying with getting a set this week over the x41's with the amount of bad press/reviews they're getting. Either that or the Mix-Amp ATH-AD700 combo like you were suggesting earlier.

I had completely forgotten about this thread lol

As for the A40's and Mixamp I can't praise them enough, even more so now the A40's are run in.

On first use it's a little overwhelming as you can hear footsteps and claymore's being planted at almost the opposite side of the map, the other odd thing at first is hearing noises from above or below you but once your acclimatised you almost feel as if your cheating due to the unfair advantage ;)

Having used them for a few months now I would say the only way Id go for a dedicated headphone over the A40's is if I never had or wanted to chat on live.

I think the convenience of the built in mic outweighs the marginaly better audio quality, although the likes of the AD700's have a larger soundstage the positioning of the audio cues from the A40's is just as accurate.

The other thing you will gain by going for the astros is wires but distance from your setup is only limited by the length of optical cable you buy (which you need to buy seperately) the cable between the headset and amp is 7'10" - 2.4m, I power mine via USB on the 360 but you can use regular AA's or buy the rechargeable battery pack.

I purchased mine from Lime http://www.limexb360.co.uk but Astro now have a UK website http://www.astrogaming.co.uk.

To sum up I think the bottom line is that if you can afford the A40 audio system then I'd go for it over other gaming headsets.

The other thing I couldn't recommend more are control freeks FPS freeks :thumbsup: hope this helps.

EDIT: Oh and it's Arron :D

Cheers mucka, I had a sneaky feeling I'd spelt your name wrong as soon I'd hit the post button.... I was looking at getting them from Lime as they'll be back in stock tomorrow according to the sales team. Really like the looks of the AD700's too, and after having a good read on AVF it seems easy enough to mount a Labtec mic. Hmmm, looks like I'll have to sleep on this one as the AD700's only come in about £10 more with the mic....

Just wanted to make sure they're a good buy before I do anything stupid....

I've been looking at some of the cheaper turtlebeach cans, are they easy to setup? I've got my eggbox and ps3 set up via HDMI does this matter?

I've been looking at the illustrations showing how they connect but can't quite get my head round it ( this may have something to do with the time of day and the fact i've only had one coffee this morning! ;) )

Archived