Gaming Headphones

Virtual_Boy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

turtlebeachearforcepx5h.jpg

Turtle Beach® Introduces Ear Force® PX5 - Programmable Wireless Dolby® Surround Sound Headset For PS3™ and XBOX® 360

Innovative PX5 Pioneers a New Generation of Gaming Headsets with Fully Customizable Sound Control, Bluetooth® Communication and Unmatched Audio Quality

The PX5 is the most technologically-advanced headset ever designed for PS3 and XBOX 360 gaming, incorporating a programmable digital signal processor to allow independent customization of the chat, game and microphone signals. Custom settings stored in the headset as presets can be selected during specific parts of the game to emphasize sounds like footsteps or reloads that might otherwise be difficult to hear. It can even be programmed to disguise a gamer's voice or to enhance the voices of online players to be heard when the game gets louder. These personalized presets will be possible with software available from the Turtle Beach web site via a USB to the gamer's PC.

The PX5 is also the first headset to incorporate dual radios-one for immersive, Dolby Digital surround sound game audio and another for chat on the PlayStation Network via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth feature also supports stereo audio streaming for listening to music while playing a game and can accept a phone call while wearing the headset.

"Turtle Beach has always been recognized for technological innovation. We pioneered the console gaming headset industry by launching the first stereo Xbox headset, we were the first with wireless gaming headsets, and the first with innovative features to enhance the gaming experience, like Chat Boost™. With the introduction of the programmable PX5, we're poised to again revolutionize the gaming headset market." says Carmine Bonanno, President and CEO. "Allowing gamers to customize their audio environment gives them an opportunity to take charge of their console gaming experience in ways that have never before been available."

Although optimized for PS3 and Xbox 360 gaming, the PX5 is also perfect for watching movies with its large, deep, fabric cushions, soft headband, and twist cup designed for resting the headset on your shoulders. Key features and user benefits of the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 include:

• Customizable Presets: Configure up to 18 personalized presets to optimize game, chat, and microphone audio for different gaming situations.

• Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound: Immersive 360 degree audio lets you hear the direction of every sound as if you were playing with speakers all around you.

• Digital RF Wireless Game Sound: Uncompressed wireless digital audio signal delivers CD-quality game sound that rivals professional grade wired headphones.

• Voice morphing: Disguise your voice by changing the sound from deep lows to screeching highs.

• Dual-pairing Bluetooth for Wireless Chat: Chat wirelessly on the Playstation Network, answer mobile phone calls or listen to streaming music from a digital music player while gaming.

• Dynamic Chat Boost: Chat level increases automatically as the game volume gets louder, so you can always hear the voices of other players.

• Microphone Monitoring: Lets you hear your voice in the headset, so you won't need to shout to hear what you're saying.

• Sonic Silencers: Enjoy total silence by eliminating ambient noise pickup on your mic and cutting background noise from PSN or XBOX LIVE chat sound.

• Sonic Lens with Sound Field Expander: Widen or narrow the sound field to focus on the audio cues that are difficult to hear like footsteps sneaking up on you or the click of someone reloading in the distance.

• Intuitive Voice Prompts: A real voice announces critical headset status conditions, such a low battery, preset numbers, and more.

• Ear Guard with Blast Limiter: Limit the intensity of deafening games sounds such as explosions and gunfire to reduce ear fatigue during long gaming sessions.

• PS3 and XBOX 360 Compatible: Delivers the ultimate gaming experience with PS3 and XBOX 360 consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the newer Astro Mixamp 5.8.. Still not totally wire free, but it does mean I'll no longer have the Toslink cable running across the living room floor.....

How you finding the new Mixamp?

I seem to go through batteries in about 20 minutes flat...glad I hung on to the old amp.

Also get the occasional bit of interference.

5.1 / 7.1 headphones = fail.

Stereo is all you need for gaming, also enable Dolby Headphone if your sound card supports it

This is on the PC of course, Use whatever you want on the console, if you're settling for a second rate gaming esperience, you may as well settle for average sound as well :-)

Flame on!

Steve, I'm finding my MixAmp superb. Can't fault it. I did buy the Li/Ion battery pack for it though which lasts far far longer than battery pack for the older MixAmp. Well worth the purchase if you ask me, essential even. When it needs recharging I just leave the TX unit on for the night and plug the RX unit into it. Job done.

Can't say I've noticed any interference at all despite the TX unit being housed in a cupboard under the TV with everything else (Router, Cordless Phone, Sky & Xbox).

5.1 / 7.1 headphones = fail.

Stereo is all you need for gaming, also enable Dolby Headphone if your sound card supports it

This is on the PC of course, Use whatever you want on the console, if you're settling for a second rate gaming esperience, you may as well settle for average sound as well :-)

Flame on!

Predictable. You'll find the headphone's we're using are Stereo headphones hooked up to mini Amplifiers (equivalent to sound cards I suppose) that produce Dolby (and stereo if you wish), same as what you're using for the PC. I did use a PC for gaming, but got fed up of having to upgrade it every time a descent game came out....

Cheers Overdose.

Think I managed to cure the interference, seemed to be the PS3 itself that was the culprit. Separating them from fighting seemed to do the trick.

I’ve been getting more charge with some decent rechargeable batteries too. The ones that came with it were dire, but may still have to invest in the battery pack tho...

• 6 months later...

My mixamp died after my 1 year old got hold of it so I picked up a cheap set of Turtle Beach X41's for £60 and im pretty impressed, I wasnt expecting too much from them compaired to my A40's and Mixamp but they surprised me.

The first thing I noticed was how light they were, the build quality isn't quite up there with the Astro's but as a result they deffinately seem to be more comfortable.

I can't say I was blown away by the sound quality but I must admit they did exceed my expectations, my first thoughts were that they were quite bright and lacking bass but with the boost switched on the depth of sound increased and rounded out nicely without getting muddy.

I was also impressed with the soundstage and audio positioning and although they dont have as large a soundstage as the open backed A40's the depth of field is definately there but with the added bonus of not being able to hear the Mrs and kids :)

Turtle Beach today announced a partnership with Activision to develop a new line of exclusively licensed, limited edition Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Ear Force headsets, custom-optimized to deliver enhanced experiences for the year's most anticipated entertainment launch. Among many planned features, these new premium headsets will be distinguished by unique sets of audio presets designed specifically by the audio teams at developers Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games in order to provide the ultimate immersion into the cinematic world of Modern Warfare® 3.

The headsets will be available with compatibility across Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC; with multiple feature sets, special packages with bonus content, and price points to ensure that no player is left behind.

• Ear Force DELTA (EFD) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3-Optimized Programmable Wireless Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth Chat. The top-of-the-line EFD headset comes packaged in a specially-themed carrying case and is pre-loaded with unique custom Modern Warfare 3 presets and voice prompts. Ear Force Delta is the ultimate Xbox 360 and PS3 weapon for the most avid Modern Warfare 3 players. MSRP: $299.95.

delta.jpg

• Ear Force BRAVO (EFB) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Optimized Programmable Wireless Universal Gaming Headset. Featuring the same custom Modern Warfare 3 presets as the EFD, the EFB provides players with the same optimized experience in a universal headset that's the perfect Call of Duty® companion on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. MSRP $149.95.

bravo.jpg

• Ear Force CHARLIE (EFC) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Optimized Multi-Speaker Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset. With eight amplified, acoustically-angled speakers delivering discrete surround sound, this tournament-grade, Modern Warfare 3 optimized wired headset is the perfect choice for competitive PC gamers. MSRP $129.95.

charlie.jpg

• Ear Force FOXTROT (EFF) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Optimized Universal Gaming Headset. For Modern Warfare 3 players seeking effortless cross-platform performance, the EFF provides gamers with high-fidelity amplified audio along with several key features to set it apart. MSRP $99.95.

foxtrot.jpg

Additional details about each headset, the many special Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 package features, bonus content, promotions and more will be announced later.

Mad Catz has you covered with a trio licensed goodies, including a throat communicator, a stereo gaming headset and a 7.1 surround sound headset all decked out in the iconic blood-red and black of the franchise. The special edition of the surround sound set is actually just a slightly updated version of the company's Tritton AX720 headgear with a new decoder box and an extra two channels of sound. Those who want to shout at their opponents without donning bulky ear-wear will likely gravitate towards the throat communicator. All three will launch alongside GOW3 on September 20 for $30, $100, and $180 respectively.

7-20-2011madcatzgow3.jpg

gw34710905-1311184319.jpg

gw347110.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived