[BBC News] Tests on horse tram poop-scooper

Newsbot

ohh and to be pedantic Councilor has a C not an S, also just a single l.

Oh, and to be even more pedantic, "oh" has only one H, and councillor with one L is the American spelling. Try looking the word up in Wikipedia - that gives both versions, and tells you what a councillor/councilor is supposed to do.

:lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still blame the jet lag...lol

Gosh, does the Steam Packet go that fast? :rolleyes:

lol .. i think i have to make a mental note to stop trying to be clever, when I am tired and stop using american spell check (thankyou Pat)..lol

Who on earth did their cost:benefit analysis suggesting they would save £20K a year? You could employ someone for £20K a year to follow the trams and pick up the poop - the trams are seasonal so that works out at around a whopping £40K a year (pro-rata) for a potential career as a super-dooper-pooper-scooper. Plus whoever gets the job can bag it and sell it for use on the roses.

It seems promenade horses are not the only ones capable of producing horse manure in abundance - so does the corpy.

Expanding ATs comments,

I assume in these 'green' times and in the interests of value for money, the corpy have already put in place arrangements for the subsequent sale to gardeners of the collected 'product'?

Just stop trying to be anything John. You're obviously crap at everything.

So what is better, someone who at least tries to improve the community he lives in.. or some no name whom's only role in life is to criticise those that try.

I am infact very good at a few things, just not spelling.

So what is better, someone who at least tries to improve the community he lives in.. or some no name whom's only role in life is to criticise those that try.

Hmm, tricky one that.......

lol I could hear the cogs working here in Douglas.....

Hmm, tricky one that.......

lol I could hear the cogs working here in Douglas.....

I can see you are really making a difference, I for one cant wait for the prom to be shit free. Maybe you could move on to the beach next - whats that all about - a man drivng a tractor up and down the beach all day scraping up seaweed into piles, so that the sea can then knock his piles down, so he can then start again in the morning - any chance of some costings on that one? Or is it time for a seperate thread?

He looked like he was asleep in that tractor this afternoon when I saw him. I've often wondered what's the point in what he's doing. That beach is stinking, don't know how people can let their children play on it.

He looked like he was asleep in that tractor this afternoon when I saw him. I've often wondered what's the point in what he's doing. That beach is stinking, don't know how people can let their children play on it.

I agree the beach is a disgrace, the system of pilling it up is also IMO a complete waste of money, It would be far better used as a composte type material, as in the past.

I think a call to the place in Kirk Michael is called for tomoz.

Archived