[BBC News] Tests on horse tram poop-scooper

Newsbot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On another note, I hope there will be plenty of residents buying Season Tickets for the Trams (£18)

I do so every year. I suppose it helps to support the Douglas ratepayers. :lol:

But I may not in future - it's not just the mess up in putting the wrong adverts in the paper, to make it look as though the fares were the same as last year. It's the fact that it is now a flat charge of £20 for adults regardless of whether you are entitled to a free bus pass.

How many over 60s are going to pay £20 to hang around for 20 minutes for a horse when they can get a bus along the Prom for nothing?

Not exactly selling themselves. are they?

Who's idea was this, and who agreed it?

It's price increases on a line with the Packet. :angry:

On another note, I hope there will be plenty of residents buying Season Tickets for the Trams (£18)

I do so every year. I suppose it helps to support the Douglas ratepayers. :lol:

But I may not in future - it's not just the mess up in putting the wrong adverts in the paper, to make it look as though the fares were the same as last year. It's the fact that it is now a flat charge of £20 for adults regardless of whether you are entitled to a free bus pass.

How many over 60s are going to pay £20 to hang around for 20 minutes for a horse when they can get a bus along the Prom for nothing?

Not exactly selling themselves. are they?

Who's idea was this, and who agreed it?

It's price increases on a line with the Packet. :angry:

Many thanks for the pm that says Leisure Services Committee would have suggested, and full council budget meeting would have agreed.

But who had the bright idea, and who thought that this was a sensible way forward?

I'd like to know how many age concession season tickets were issued last year, and how many repeat sales have been secured this year (and this will be known, because names and addresses are supplied). Is the overall equation an actual loss of income compared with last year?

Presumably if OAP season tickets are no longer available, OAP day tickets are no longer available? So grannies and granddads will no longer be able to afford to take their families on the trams?

Not only are the trams starting too late in the day (so tourists cannot use them to link to/from the first electric tram and steam railway) but they are going on too late into the evening.

Is the Corpy trying to kill off the service?

Archived