Work Permits

John

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course, you are assuming that because she is Latvian, she is not an 'Isle of Man worker'.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

She already has 2 work permits for different bar work, i was just suprised there was no Isle of Man Worker applied for the role, The work permit system is not working, that was more the point I should have made.

Maybe we should scrap the whole thing, then again we should not allow free entry to any one and everyone...

But if the case is that no Isle of Man worker applied the position, then thats bloomin poor.

She already has 2 work permits for different bar work, i was just suprised there was no Isle of Man Worker applied for the role, The work permit system is not working, that was more the point I should have made.

Maybe we should scrap the whole thing, then again we should not allow free entry to any one and everyone...

But if the case is that no Isle of Man worker applied the position, then thats bloomin poor.

When will it end? Bloody foreigners coming over here and working three jobs, contributing to our economy and expanding the gene pool. It’s political correctness gone mad!

I have to say that I find your posts unbelievably racist. Here (from what you have said) you have a poor girl holding down 3 jobs, keen to work, and clearly not frightened of hard graft and yet you question why she got a work permit to work at the Hospital?

Any Manx worker bothered to hold down three jobs? Bloody unlikely. Frankly your comments stink (personal opinion)

I have to say that I find your posts unbelievably racist. Here (from what you have said) you have a poor girl holding down 3 jobs, keen to work, and clearly not frightened of hard graft and yet you question why she got a work permit to work at the Hospital?

Any Manx worker bothered to hold down three jobs? Bloody unlikely. Frankly your comments stink (personal opinion)

I hold 3 jobs, does that make you racist? But i really can't be arsed getting into a stupid pointless debate with you. so ignore button is pressed and I am off to my bed.

I hold 3 jobs, does that make you racist? But i really can't be arsed getting into a stupid pointless debate with you. so ignore button is pressed and I am off to my bed.

I hope that a spelling test is not mandatory for contract renewal on any of them? To be fair your comments are pretty appalling for someone who holds an elected position and you can't back out of what you said that easily.

I hope that a spelling test is not mandatory for contract renewal on any of them? To be fair your comments are pretty appalling for someone who holds an elected position and you can't back out of what you said that easily.

How can you get from me moaning (as we all do on here) about a non "isle of Man worker" getting a work permit for a job, that i feel could have been filled by a "isle of Man Worker" (by that term i mean a person that does not need a Manx work permit) to me being racist. I did not invent the work permit system, and I don’t always agree with it, but its there and should be adhered too. It was a question at the lack of consistency of the system, Havana struggles to get staff, because they can not employ non Isle of Man workers, but other places have managed to secure permits. So tell me then why am i racist? If you can't back up what you say, then don't say it.

ps my spelling has always been bad, do i look like I give a toss.. and what are you on about with contracts, what on earth have they got to do with my spelling..?

How can you get from me moaning (as we all do on here) about a non "isle of Man worker" getting a work permit for a job, that i feel could have been filled by a "isle of Man Worker" (by that term i mean a person that does not need a Manx work permit) to me being racist.

I think that bit is self-explanatory to anyone who can read ....

How can you get from me moaning (as we all do on here) about a non "isle of Man worker" getting a work permit for a job, that i feel could have been filled by a "isle of Man Worker" (by that term i mean a person that does not need a Manx work permit) to me being racist.

You win, I hate anyone that is not from Peel, has 3 arms and can not trace their Manxness back 3000 generations.

You happy now?

You win, I hate anyone that is not from Peel, has 3 arms and can not trace their Manxness back 3000 generations.

You happy now?

You said you pressed your "ignore" button 15 minutes ago. Is it not working?

I'm not overly concerned with the workers in this, but I do know of a few benefit seekers who're now claiming for births of their children having been on the island for a couple of months.

I know... I shouldn't have said it, but it seems that if you pop your baby on the IOM, then you're instantly entitled to all its benefits from the tax payers.

(Shouldn't have said it, shouldn't have said it.. Bad girl, should know better... :( )

Archived