Vicious Attack Outside Douglas Nightclub

%age

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wearing a distinctive pink jumper.

:whistling:

ehh? What are you trying to say? Do you own with a distinctive pink jumper?

I think from his grossly homophobic comments in other threads he's suggesting that wearing a pink jumper singles you out as a bit of a bender. I love it how Amercians wear their ignorance as a badge of honour!

What are the licensing committee doing with their time?

Any other pub in the island would be shut down and the manager replaced by now if it had the same record for violence as this place. The doormen are obvioiusly inept and need training.

But may I ask a question, who owns it, could it be the same people who own half the prom?

I know - rather than all this after the incident has happened stuff the Police need to do more about Colours. I've only been in twice and on both occasions got into unprovoked scuffles with the sort of complete knobends who frequent the place. Why is it the club of choice for the 'who are you looking at' sort pricks who have not had a good night until they've got shitfaced and kicked the crap out of someone?

I wouldn't set foot back in that craphole again.

Hilton/Colours seems to have featured quite often recently.

This should raise questions about the quality of the management, their fitness to hold a licence and the licencing policy currently operating.

If there's a number of isues with a certain place then it should be actionable.

Perhaps shut them down for a fixed period.

A loss of income may concentrate the minds of the management to apply better standards/controls.

Granted they may not be responsible for 'patrons' conduct when they've left the premises but they should be held accountable in the case of excess consumption which they have happily taken the money for which then results in problems.

I hate to agree with John Faragher but whilst I hate this place its pretty much all over Douglas now as the place is awash with the sort of angry chav-scum that now make nights out at any Douglas night spot a complete pain in the ass.

There's nothing like a recession to get these gobshites back to where they used to be - which was kicking shit out of their mates in the Pinewood or the Wheatsheaf before robbing a few houses on the way back home.

They may have more money and dress a little better due to the way the economy has been over the last 10 years but their still just drunken violent knobends.

Colours is one of the more scruffier places to end the night on the Island. But although there may be more serious incidence of violence my impression from going out on the Island is that it has always been this way, the drinking scene is pretty rough-arsed, scruffy, and macho at the weekend. Unlike in the larger cities you don't have the benefit of going to places where you get a certain crowd or people, on the Island nobody has anywhere to go late at night except Colours and Paramount. At least some years back there were a few more clubs, the Venue and Studer Bakers served a very good purpose.

I know - rather than all this after the incident has happened stuff the Police need to do more about Colours. I've only been in twice and on both occasions got into unprovoked scuffles with the sort of complete knobends who frequent the place. Why is it the club of choice for the 'who are you looking at' sort pricks who have not had a good night until they've got shitfaced and kicked the crap out of someone?

I wouldn't set foot back in that craphole again.

Hilton/Colours seems to have featured quite often recently.

This should raise questions about the quality of the management, their fitness to hold a licence and the licencing policy currently operating.

If there's a number of isues with a certain place then it should be actionable.

Perhaps shut them down for a fixed period.

A loss of income may concentrate the minds of the management to apply better standards/controls.

Granted they may not be responsible for 'patrons' conduct when they've left the premises but they should be held accountable in the case of excess consumption which they have happily taken the money for which then results in problems.

I hate to agree with John Faragher but whilst I hate this place its pretty much all over Douglas now as the place is awash with the sort of angry chav-scum that now make nights out at any Douglas night spot a complete pain in the ass.

There's nothing like a recession to get these gobshites back to where they used to be - which was kicking shit out of their mates in the Pinewood or the Wheatsheaf before robbing a few houses on the way back home.

They may have more money and dress a little better due to the way the economy has been over the last 10 years but their still just drunken violent knobends.

Its hard to pinpoint a solution, I think the door staff do have a responsability to manage what happens outside their club/bar, not just within the premises.

The police I feel are quick enough to act against acts of violence etc, but the courts really need to be tougher, and more cosistantly so.

With regards to "dress codes" Do they really work that well, is someone who is violent because of drink, going to refrain from fighting because he is wearing a shirt rather than a tracksuit?? Do shoes stop violence and trainers make people scrap??

I think the problem will never go away, that all you can do is control that aspect of social life, with stricter more vigilant, better trained doorstaff and severe punishment or longer "MENA" listing etc.

I'm surprised anyone can get too drunk in Colours given the amount of time it takes to get served in there when it is even so much as mildly busy.

As far as nicer establishments go hopefully the place in the old courthouse will raise the bar somewhat. From what I have heard they are going to be somewhat more selective as to the type of clientele they let in.

With regards to "dress codes" Do they really work that well, is someone who is violent because of drink, going to refrain from fighting because he is wearing a shirt rather than a tracksuit?? Do shoes stop violence and trainers make people scrap??

I never understood why run-of-the-mill 'straight' clubs have dress codes.

Archived