Vicious Attack Outside Douglas Nightclub

%age

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised anyone can get too drunk in Colours given the amount of time it takes to get served in there when it is even so much as mildly busy.

As far as nicer establishments go hopefully the place in the old courthouse will raise the bar somewhat. From what I have heard they are going to be somewhat more selective as to the type of clientele they let in.

Thats forum members F***ed then.

quick question

what kind of qualifications do 'bouncers' have in the IOM? In the UK they need to be SIA trained and wear said badge, i didnt see any badges last time i was over.............

No exact qualification, though some IOM doorman have their SIA badge, most can just apply for a badge via Dept of Home affairs and start work.

The badge has to be displayed, most havana doormen wear theirs on the upper arm.

I believe there is also a course available on the Island and is run by the Government using Kevin Shannon and Barry of Pro-tek. Not sure if this is or soon will be a legal requirement.

I'm somewhat surprised that trouble seems to gravitate to some of the posters on here. I have been out drinking in Douglas for the majority of Fridays and Saturdays for the last 10 years without a sniff of trouble. Sure I have seen incidents but none have involved me or my group. It's not as though we lead a sheltered life either, in the last 2 months we have been in every single pub in Douglas and just last week covered off alleged trouble spots Macbeths, G and D's, Colours, and the outback, amongst others. I would suggest the people in this thread who can't avoid trouble probably have mouths that lead them into it.

You can find trouble anywhere if you look for it......

I'm somewhat surprised that trouble seems to gravitate to some of the posters on here. I have been out drinking in Douglas for the majority of Fridays and Saturdays for the last 10 years without a sniff of trouble. Sure I have seen incidents but none have involved me or my group. It's not as though we lead a sheltered life either, in the last 2 months we have been in every single pub in Douglas and just last week covered off alleged trouble spots Macbeths, G and D's, Colours, and the outback, amongst others. I would suggest the people in this thread who can't avoid trouble probably have mouths that lead them into it.

You can find trouble anywhere if you look for it......

"Keyboard warriors" are always getting "Cut & pasted" when they go out.....................................................Boom Tish

quick question

what kind of qualifications do 'bouncers' have in the IOM? In the UK they need to be SIA trained and wear said badge, i didnt see any badges last time i was over.............

No exact qualification, though some IOM doorman have their SIA badge, most can just apply for a badge via Dept of Home affairs and start work.

The badge has to be displayed, most havana doormen wear theirs on the upper arm.

I believe there is also a course available on the Island and is run by the Government using Kevin Shannon and Barry of Pro-tek. Not sure if this is or soon will be a legal requirement.

it definately should be, most of the ones i encountered could do with it...........

Archived