Revenge Of The Piggy

bluemonday

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pah! you English you are so stupid!

Its now reported that the original mexican who had the dreaded Lhergy, has made a complete recovery and is sitting up in bed feeling perky, this also is how he caught the lhergy in the first place.

It is also reported that Pinky is well pissed off!

On the flight to NZ they put out an announcement about the symptoms - aches, high temperature, vomitting and a bad case of the Trotters.

• 3 weeks later...

It does look likely that swine flu is going to be "reasonably" mild - though with obvious caveats about it returning in a more virulent strain in the winter, and the risk of problems as the drug companies are not able to make both standard winter flu vacines and swine flu vacines at the same time - this guarantees that some vulnerable people will be at risk of some sort of flu!

So, although it may not the major killer feared, it does look like its going to be a worldwide problem with it spreading to every continent - link.

I'm willing to speculate that enough people will die to justify the efforts of organizations like the WHO to coordinate relief.

Sure, it created some paranoia amoungst the chattering classes - getting the Daily Mail all het up is a necessary side effect of this sort of thing - but I don't think it has been or will be just hype about nothing.

Something reasonably serious has/will happen/ed - the world authorities are reacting and trying to get coordination between 200 odd countries with massively different resources to cope with this sort of thing. Doing that is difficult hence all the publicity, but with a justified overall result.

It does look likely that swine flu is going to be "reasonably" mild

I know a couple of medical people who reckon now would be a good time to catch it and build up some resistance to it for later. Not too sure myself.

• 3 weeks later...
Flu expert Professor John Oxford said people should not panic as the outbreak was milder than others seen in the past century.

So, if the outbreak was stronger than others, presumably he would be saying that people should panic.

I hope it gets stronger. I could do with a good panic.

• 3 weeks later...
It does look likely that swine flu is going to be "reasonably" mild

I know a couple of medical people who reckon now would be a good time to catch it and build up some resistance to it for later. Not too sure myself.

Looks like some people are already trying it

Swine flu parties 'a bad idea'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8125191.stm

Things are getting to a tipping point with the spread of the virus.

And now this.

I still wonder if more people will die of swine flu than die on our roads in the next year.

Strangely enough, the same thought occured to me this morning.

The annual toll from Malaria and Aids in Africa is devastating, yet as seems par for the course, has gone on the back burner.

Still give it time, if you and I end up in the same burial pit, we'll know we were seriously wrong.

Archived