Manx Pork

johnquayleiom

I went to a party on saturday and had some of the best pork I have ever tasted - it was a manx pig cooked on a spit and served in a bap.

Firstly, I didnt manage to get any contact details- got too drunk and lost the flyer I was given.

Secondly, i would just like to remind people what fantastic meat there is available to be bought on the Island - the lad running the spit told me all the traceability details of the pig - where it grew up, whose pig it was, and even what system was used to rear it.

so if anybody knows where I can get hold of this business as I would love to have some more meat cooked like that, pleae let me know - plus its my wife 50th Birthday soon so wouldnt mind having them cook me a pig for the party.

Cheers

it was a manx pig cooked on a spit and served in a bap.

That must have been a big bap.

the lad running the spit told me all the traceability details of the pig - where it grew up

Where did it grow up?

whose pig it was

Whose pig was it?

even what system was used to rear it.

What system was used to rear it?

Most if not all Manx pork is swill fed, giving in a rather sloppy look before it's cooked.

Imported pork is much better quality.

Oh yeah, that bloke you see in the pub is a butcher isn't he? Or is he a farmer? Or does he work in the abattoir? I forget now...... (He might just be a mental.......)

Most if not all Manx pork is swill fed, giving in a rather sloppy look before it's cooked.

Imported pork is much better quality.

I thought the swill feed was done away with years ago. sounds like pub talk to me.

Surely if you knew too much about the pig, where it grew up, who it's friends were, when it's birthday is, sexual orientation, political leanings etc...you wouldn't want to eat it, you would want to go out on the piss with it :lol:

Not really - they cant drink - they havent got thumbs!

it was a manx pig cooked on a spit and served in a bap.

That must have been a big bap.

the lad running the spit told me all the traceability details of the pig - where it grew up

Where did it grow up?

Think he said ballamodha

whose pig it was

Whose pig was it?

Cam from a farmer called mr Dean - the bloke thats always in manx tails etc talking about pigs

even what system was used to rear it.

What system was used to rear it?

Indoor reared system

Archived