Manx Pork

johnquayleiom

http://www.ilovemanx.org/index.php?option=...5&Itemid=72

Manx pig farmer Shaun Dean produces nearly 70% of Manx reared pork at Bayview Pigs he explains why Manx pork is a cut above: “I have worked on pig units for over 20 years now, including nine different units in the UK. 10 of those years I’ve spent rearing outdoor pigs and 10 years using indoor methods. What really strikes me about farming here is that I can honestly say it is by far the healthiest unit I have worked on. It’s the Manx air. We just do not need to feed antibiotics. In the UK they are often routinely added from weaning right up to just a fortnight before going to slaughter.”

Shaun’s pig herd are fed on grain that is grown on the Island with some added protein feed, keeping the pork as Manx as possible.

Meanwhile most EU produced pork comes from intensive pig farms where female animals spend up to 90% of their time confined to small sow stalls, effectively acting as breeding and feeding machines for up to five years. This is banned under Manx and British law.

There's a big difference between intensive pig farming (factory farming) and indoor rearing.

http://www.ilovemanx.org/index.php?option=...5&Itemid=72

Manx pig farmer Shaun Dean produces nearly 70% of Manx reared pork at Bayview Pigs he explains why Manx pork is a cut above: “I have worked on pig units for over 20 years now, including nine different units in the UK. 10 of those years I’ve spent rearing outdoor pigs and 10 years using indoor methods. What really strikes me about farming here is that I can honestly say it is by far the healthiest unit I have worked on. It’s the Manx air. We just do not need to feed antibiotics. In the UK they are often routinely added from weaning right up to just a fortnight before going to slaughter.”

Shaun’s pig herd are fed on grain that is grown on the Island with some added protein feed, keeping the pork as Manx as possible.

Meanwhile most EU produced pork comes from intensive pig farms where female animals spend up to 90% of their time confined to small sow stalls, effectively acting as breeding and feeding machines for up to five years. This is banned under Manx and British law.

There's a big difference between intensive pig farming (factory farming) and indoor rearing.

o dont let the truth get in the way, :rolleyes:

Archived