Tsunami Alert

Jimcalagon

A spokesman for the British Geological Survey said: "We picked it up on instrumentation.

"With a magnitude of 3.7 it is relatively small.

"We get one of this size roughly once every year in the UK and they rarely cause any damage."

That's why...

Worse still, the quake could have affected Sellafield, causing a nuclear explosion at the same time as the tsunami. The potentialities are frightening. And I note bacon is still on sale in Tesco's, despite the outbreak of swine flu.

You can't catch swine flu from eating pork, as long as its cooked properly. The advice is that you shouldn't kiss pigs...............at least not on the lips!

You can't catch swine flu from eating pork, as long as its cooked properly.

Thanks for that but I have another question - I ate an enchilada at the weekend, is it possible that I could catch mexican swine flu from that?

You may joke but someone I know who works in the health service has had a few calls this morning to surgery with people saying they ate Mexican food recently and should the come in for a check up!

Media's fault, oh and stupid people.

Thanks for that but I have another question - I ate an enchilada at the weekend, is it possible that I could catch mexican swine flu from that?

No but the authorities are said to be worried about a potentially lethal batch of tortillas that may have hit the street. The flour used in these is thought to be contaminated with ergot and there is a major worry that widespread outbreaks of ergotism (not egotism) may result. Anyone suffering from swollen blisters, rotting flesh, and loss of limbs is asked to contact Nobles hospital or their GP immediately - assuming that their limbs haven't already been lost and they can still pick up the 'phone.

Worse still, the quake could have affected Sellafield, causing a nuclear explosion at the same time as the tsunami. The potentialities are frightening. And I note bacon is still on sale in Tesco's, despite the outbreak of swine flu.

Don't be daft, you can only hear the warning sirens on a saturday morning at 11am and then you lock your self in the house and listen to manx radio for news, but that wont happen till late monday morning :P

A spokesman for the British Geological Survey said: "We picked it up on instrumentation.

"With a magnitude of 3.7 it is relatively small.

"We get one of this size roughly once every year in the UK and they rarely cause any damage."

That's why...

rarely.... and where Sellafield is concerned sugguests to me that the explanation provided isnt really good enough

Archived