[BBC News] UK praises Manx tax list status

Newsbot

Let us all bask in this richly deserved praise.

I would agree that it is a reassuring statement and IoM Treasury should take credit for how they have handled the whole process of dealing with the G20 whitelist and the enactment of international tax treaties.

From the way Mr Timms has worded things though you can't help thinking that a great big "BUT ...." is headed our way sometime soon.

Also maybe now they love us Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling could give back the half a billion they stole from one of our banks?

How about BUT we reserve the right to screw one of your banks and keep the money?

The UK lies like a cheap watch.

Sorry but any praise or critisism coming from the UK treasury is completly worthless

I couldn't agree with you more. Bankrupt Britain patting us on the head now that they have limited scope for kicking our arses after the G20 whitelist. Oh, and as a few people have already commented ... when is our bank getting the money your Chancellor stole of it back?

Never mind. In 25 years there probably won't be a country called the UK anymore. It'll just be Scotland, Wales, and Little England.

There isn't a country called the UK now.

Never mind. In 25 years there probably won't be a country called the UK anymore. It'll just be Scotland, Wales, and Little England.

There isn't a country called the UK now.

Blimey - much quicker than I thought then.

Archived