Youth Cafe Planned For Douglas Town Centre

Albert Tatlock

From MR: "A new drop-in centre in Douglas is aiming to become the place to be for youngsters who reckon there's nothing to do...It would be supervised by the Youth Service, with youth workers on hand to offer advice and information. But young people would ultimately run and manage the project themselves."

Sounds like a very good idea to me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see Annie helping the youth of Douglas, now where is her constituency again?

Now I ain't a Kerruish supporter and I'd never vote for one as long as I have a hole in my arse, but that's a little unfair Pat. How many new schools have opened in Rhumsaa lately? I counted 2 plus a lot of work on RGS. A yoof drop in centre (and alcopop sales emporium) is only chicken feed copmapred to these.

From MR: "A new drop-in centre in Douglas is aiming to become the place to be for youngsters who reckon there's nothing to do...It would be supervised by the Youth Service, with youth workers on hand to offer advice and information. But young people would ultimately run and manage the project themselves."

Sounds like a very good idea to me.

Agreed, good idea.

Anyone know much about Keynons in Onchan? Seems to be busy when open, but doesn't open very often?

As a youth worker who will be involved in this project,I can only say it's a fantastic idea.

Quite a few of us on here have been banging on about the idea for a few years now. It's nice to see something happening like this, and hopefully you will get all the support it needs. I particularly like the idea of the yoofs 'controlling' it themselves - as responsibility begats responsibility IMO (and a few toe-rags involved on the 'committee?' might turn some of them around too) - seen that happen a few times.

As a youth worker who will be involved in this project,I can only say it's a fantastic idea.

Quite a few of us on here have been banging on about the idea for a few years now. It's nice to see something happening like this, and hopefully you will get all the support it needs. I particularly like the idea of the yoofs 'controlling' it themselves - as responsibility begats responsibility IMO (and a few toe-rags involved on the 'committee?' might turn some of them around too) - seen that happen a few times.

Archived