Manx Radio's Mrplus Tt!

Gagster

Why has it been named TT Live! What's wrong with TT Live? I mean, i know the target market is a bit like the motoring version of Big Brother, a celebrity obsessed autograph hunting anorak and likes nothing better than to put 'heroes' on 'pedestals' and that, but the liberal and unnecessary smattering of exclamation marks is a pet hate of mine. I find it really tacky and just a little bit, you know, Hello! And that.

Why has it been named TT Live! What's wrong with TT Live? I mean, i know the target market is a bit like the motoring version of Big Brother, a celebrity obsessed autograph hunting anorak and likes nothing better than to put 'heroes' on 'pedestals' and that, but the liberal and unnecessary smattering of exclamation marks is a pet hate of mine. I find it really tacky and just a little bit, you know, Hello! And that.

TT Live? is certainly more suitable.

It's always a lottery as to whether the MR website works at busy times

Nipper, just because you have bad dreams about 'legions of highly paid workers' at Broadcasting House doesn't mean it's real. Unless your sources are better informed than mine, and I spend my working life amongst them.

There are probably far fewer staff doing much more work than when I joined MR full-time 6 years ago, and fewer people than a BBC local station would employ, with all the network facilities, resources, feeds and additional funding they have. I can understand some people not liking our programmes at times - we aim to be all things to all people rather than cherry-pick our audience, but I can never understand the constant sniping about our funding.

The people, via the government, own the radio station and have for many years chosen to support it financially, which allows a proper newsroom and the production of programmes that would never be made in a purely commercial environment. Maybe the government was far-sighted, in that it's also been the nursery school for the people behind Energy and 3FM.

Is it the flash sports cars outside Broadcasting House that make you think we're all on Jonathan Ross salaries? Well, mine's 19 years old and cost less than a Mondeo.

We don't share in the profits or have staff bonuses - so any money we make at the station goes back into the service. You should applaud anything that might make us a few bob.

Edited to add: Keyboarder, if my car broke down on the Quay and I couldn't get a cab, I'd phone in sick.

Archived