[BBC News] Fairy post box is given support

Newsbot

Although I don't believe in the Little People as most people know the Fairy Bridge is not the one where these things are being hung up. When did this fake Little People bridge become the famous one? Is the change because the bridge is on a main road?

Maybe there should be a Little People awareness campaign to make people realise that fairies never frequent this bridge and actually live somewhere else, and get people to go to the other bridge.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rather than worrying about Fairy letter boxes I would be willing to listen to a debate about putting better parking on that stretch of road

I mentioned once before that there should be a coach and car park just off the A5 onto the A25 which would not interfere with the normal traffic flow

From the carpark to the popular Fairy Bridge, create something similar to that of the Summerhill Glen

Summerhill Glen

Another Summerhill Pic

Add a few seats, lighting, wishing well, post box and ideally, purchase the house next to the bridge to make a shop/tea room and you've got the makings of a nice little earner during the summer periods.

OMFG!! Look what you have done now:

Tea room plan for Fairy Bridge - http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Tea-room-pl...airy.5263876.jp

I for one think this is a wonderful idea,there's plenty of land there so it could quite easily be set back from the busy road,infact i think it would be great if someone invested enough money to build something along the lines of a mini Tynwald Mills (obviously not too small) with a similar layout,but whether or (probably)not that happends i would like to wish Sonya & her dad all the best for future with this venture if it gets the go ahead.

Although I don't believe in the Little People

Eeeeeek! Believe! Believe!

I said I didn't believe in the Little People once - and now they keep stealing my underpants. An irish friend of mine fell asleep with his head under the pillow one night, and they took all his teeth.

post-10616-1242576230_thumb.jpg

Although I don't believe in the Little People as most people know the Fairy Bridge is not the one where these things are being hung up. When did this fake Little People bridge become the famous one? Is the change because the bridge is on a main road?

Maybe there should be a Little People awareness campaign to make people realise that fairies never frequent this bridge and actually live somewhere else, and get people to go to the other bridge.

It's conveniently on the way to the airport. So it makes a good local story for taxi drivers.

It's a good idea to develop the site so long as it's back from the road and we don't get little or large people wandering about in the road taking photos of each other.

All it needs is someone or a group of people with a "bit of vision" and a lot of money (which is something we do have ) to invest!......If every one thought like that "Toad" we would have old Pier's falling into the sea,shops sitting empty in dying towns and old cinema's knocked down to make way for extra car parks , hey Toad your not on the Ramsey Town Commissioners are you?

All it needs is someone or a group of people with a "bit of vision" and a lot of money (which is something we do have ) to invest!......If every one thought like that "Toad" we would have old Pier's falling into the sea,shops sitting empty in dying towns and old cinema's knocked down to make way for extra car parks , hey Toad your not on the Ramsey Town Commissioners are you?

No but I do have a keen interest in politics and I am considering running for MHK in the next general election as I have many ideas which I think could be very beneficial to the Manx public. Watch this space people

"MANY IDEA'S" maybe TOTH.......but no vision,you'll probably fit in nicely old bean!!!!!

More concrete! It's funny that the answer to things hanging on the tree 'on private land' is for the owner to put in a tea rooms and a carpark!!!

Why not a notice instead?

"Please do not hang bits of paper etc from the tree - it offends us. Signed - The Fairies"

More concrete! It's funny that the answer to things hanging on the tree 'on private land' is for the owner to put in a tea rooms and a carpark!!!

Why not a notice instead?

"Please do not hang bits of paper etc from the tree - it offends us. Signed - The Fairies"

When has anyone ever taken any notice of a sign board hey!!!

Archived