[BBC News] Woman's cow attack 'terrifying'

Newsbot

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"My sister, fortunately, was brought up with animals, so we know what to do and how to respect them.

well if u been brought up with animals u would know that u never take a dog in a field with mum and calves

Why would you walk your dogs in a field with cattle in,especially with calves ?

I presume it was at dusk. Cows have crap eyesight and will often charge over to investigate a noise in the field. Happened to a farmer recently in Ireland and he was trampled to death. I nearly got trampled late one evening crossing a field coming back from fishing when I was a nipper. Scary fuckers when there's a dozen or so of them lumbering towards you.

Why would you walk your dogs in a field with cattle in,especially with calves ?

I presume it was at dusk. Cows have crap eyesight and will often charge over to investigate a noise in the field. Happened to a farmer recently in Ireland and he was trampled to death. I nearly got trampled late one evening crossing a field coming back from fishing when I was a nipper. Scary fuckers when there's a dozen or so of them lumbering towards you.

Do you get flash backs in Parashite..?

Unbelievable, and now her sister wants safety on footpaths to be improved implying that it is the farmer's fault for allowing unrestricted access over his land!

If you have been walking in the countryside since a child, one of the first lessons to learn is that entering a field with livestock at any time of year is risky either to you or to the livestock, even more so now when there are calves around. I remember playing in the fields behind Groudle road and getting squarely told off by the farmer for possibly stressing the heavily pregnant cows which could have led to them miscarrying.

Sorry for the lady's injuries, but if you want to enjoy the countryside you have to deliver your side of the bargain and not put yourself or the livestock at risk.

If the cows had managed to get on a public footpath she has my sympathy, if she entered a field containing the cows & calves etc, she really does need a little more common sense.

Though hindsight is a wonderful thing. But either cause I hope she makes a full recovery.

'Scary fuckers when there's a dozen or so of them lumbering towards you.'

Sounds like our accounts department.

Told you about claiming overtime, next time you might listen......

"My sister, fortunately, was brought up with animals, so we know what to do and how to respect them.

well if u been brought up with animals u would know that u never take a dog in a field with mum and calves

"Brought up with animals" could well mean that she had a pet gerbil as a youngster. Could mean anything, and not necessarily related to farm animals. Even if you have grown up with farm animals it only helps to a certain extent.

It is the nature of animals that they are not entirely predictable. It's hardly their fault if someone invades their space, although I do still feel sorry for the woman suffering such injuries as a result.

Archived