[BBC News] Death in house 'not suspicious'

Newsbot

have you spelt Neve Kemal wrong? There's nothing on google - maybe the 'state' used their fancy super computer to remove all internet records related to her?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just for info of others we are activists not do gooders! Someone needs to expose the police state way this Island is run. The Family Courts are run by incompetents - old boys network - the Social Serivces are totally inept and kids are damaged more by the failure of the Courts and Social Services than anyone else. Why do you think children die in care here? We are interested in people's stories and are raisning awareness with contacts in UK press -so if you want to help expose the corruptness and injustice in a proactive way we want to hear from you. If you have been treated badly by Social Services or suffered as a result of Patriarchal control mechanisms that should have been abolished in the Dark Ages, then feel free to contact us. If you want to actually be heard rather than just shout the email us or post. There is power in numbers and it is time this Police state was overthrown

that a bit sexist what about men who are abused or fathers who need justice to see their kids, you say the old boys network what about the old Womens network, and before you criticise the Isle of Man social services although I have had no dealings with them they seem a lot more on the ball than UK kidnap society oops I mean social services and what about stating the Matriachal control systems that are against fathers getting custody even if they are the better parent for the kids. If you are going to bleat on about justice then make it fair to both parties otherwise you are as hypocritical as the establishment.

I think we can be too quick to dismiss people as nutters, just because they express themselves badly. There seems to be strong emotions here. Strong emotions don't come from nowhere, I'm intrigued to find out where this is coming from and think gentler responses from us are more likely to draw out the truth.

Just for info of others we are activists not do gooders! Someone needs to expose the police state way this Island is run. The Family Courts are run by incompetents - old boys network - the Social Serivces are totally inept and kids are damaged more by the failure of the Courts and Social Services than anyone else.

Are you sure you have the right Island, we're not Jersey you know.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle6241652.ece

although I have had no dealings with them they seem a lot more on the ball than UK

YOU RECKON!I have a friend who was in care on & off during her childhood & she tells it very different,BUT....we do like to think of it not happening on our doorstep don't we.

Nothing that happens here is ever considered suspicious "please go to women4justice.co.uk if you want to right the wrong to children in IOM

Welcome to the forum. I regret, I'm a little confused, is there a connection between the site (Link) you mention & the death of this man? Also as a general comment, that site, which I assume is yours makes some serious allegations against Manx social services, but there's nothing in the way of supporting evidence. For example, the site says -

Neve Kemal's story as published in this week's MOS is all too familliar

MOS? Mail on Sunday? I can't find the story on their website, or by googling.

Search under the byline of Luke Salked. Neves Kamal was involved in the Baby P case and was the social worker who blew the whistle. The article is historic was submited to us so cannot comment further but as our site encourages freedom of speech and its intention is to protect the innocent and help them, we can only publish as we are given. We have only just set up but are were so concerned at reports being given to us that we have set up to get info. We are associated with people at the Guardian and Mail - based in UK but as Island is self-governing these women have nowhere to go and we hope to help them through legal advice and support as well as resources. The site is still under construction.

although I have had no dealings with them they seem a lot more on the ball than UK

YOU RECKON!I have a friend who was in care on & off during her childhood & she tells it very different,BUT....we do like to think of it not happening on our doorstep don't we.

Yes and our aim is to help people like your friend. Social Serivces here are not open to scrutiny but they do get it wrong as was proved whentwo children died in care. We are trying to give women a voice who have lost kids to abusive fathers. There are plenty of good fathers out there and no doubt wronged, but the reports given to us came from battered women and children and we heard so many we decided someone had to try and help. This is not a site pro women, it is a site pro mothers of abused kids. Sadly people are getting this very wrong. We are a group of Uk based Journalist.

Just for info of others we are activists not do gooders! Someone needs to expose the police state way this Island is run. The Family Courts are run by incompetents - old boys network - the Social Serivces are totally inept and kids are damaged more by the failure of the Courts and Social Services than anyone else.

Are you sure you have the right Island, we're not Jersey you know.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle6241652.ece

Not yet! But getting there fro what we have seen and have evidence of. It is covered up!

Well the website has a Manx flag, "Freedom to Florish", and a poor picture of the Island.

We are not webmasters. We are however educated people believe it or not. We merely wanted to draw to us information and get people talking and this article was submitted to us so we cannot comment on how well it was expressed, sufficeth to say it caused us concern.

Please quote correctly It is not Freedom to Flourish.....It is Freedom to Flourish ???

You mean Nevres Kamal.

I think there's quite a leap from Baby P, the Jersey care home and the death of this man to -

Who dares to speak out to protect children when one has to fear being victimised by Social Services, the Law Courts, the Police and even the Government, all who close ranks when a concerned parent turns in desperation for help to the people who advocate “reporting abuse,” “protecting children at all cost” and keeping them safe from harm.

Baby P and the Jersey case illustrate what can go wrong, but not that it can go wrong everywhere. So is there a link to the Island? The deceased man, surely, indicates that the police and courts at least will prosecute sex offenders?

Clearly you use emotive language, and feel strongly about it, and if you are right certainly there shouldn't be a cover up. But at the moment it seems as if you are on a fishing expedition and until you have something more substantial I suggest toning you language down - you'll get a better response.

I suspect you're the BNP, wrongly targeting the IOM, yet again, in the hope of garnering votes in the Euro and local elections. We don't do Europe and you're a couple of years away from election time here.

You're not journalists so give it up and go away.

Archived