[BBC News] Death in house 'not suspicious'

Newsbot

I think you are all trying to look into this new forum poster a bit too deeply. It doesn't take too much effort to find out who the poster is and what they do and stand for. Relative to the BNP and such, the poster is innocuous and probably not deserving of any ridicule or suspicion.

Although in this case, the worth of "women4justice" I am not sure of but certainly if the sexism (for that is what it is) was dropped and the possible hysteria too, then she has has some very good points to make.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you are all trying to look into this new forum poster a bit too deeply. It doesn't take too much effort to find out who the poster is and what they do and stand for. Relative to the BNP and such, the poster is innocuous and probably not deserving of any ridicule or suspicion.

Although in this case, the worth of "women4justice" I am not sure of but certainly if the sexism (for that is what it is) was dropped and the possible hysteria too, then she has has some very good points to make.

Please view front cover of Times Online today which is an example of what we are talking about

How typical it is for women who speak the truth to be termed hysterics - years ago it would have been witch hunts

This article mentions women4Justice in the correct context

It seems to be ok to have a fathers for justice plea , but this site is not about sexism it is about Justice for children!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6256709.ece

We are a group of Uk based Journalist.

I don't believe you.

Same here the words Journalist, unbiased, compassion and truth rarely can be put together, from what I usually see the rarely do a thing unless there is something (usually financial) in it for themselves

It seems to be ok to have a fathers for justice plea , but this site is not about sexism it is about Justice for children!

No that article mentions mothers4justice:

A spokeswoman for Mothers 4 Justice, a pressure group, said: “When you consider what this woman was put in prison for, it is absolutely appalling. She was put in a jail with murderers and criminals.”

Which is a different pressure group - not you at all. (http://www.mothers4justice.co.uk/)

Who are you? What sort of journalist are you? Why are you specifically targeting the Isle of Man?

No that article mentions mothers4justice:

A spokeswoman for Mothers 4 Justice (w4J), a pressure group, said: “When you consider what this woman was put in prison for, it is absolutely appalling. She was put in a jail with murderers and criminals.”

Which is a different pressure group - not you at all. (http://www.mothers4justice.co.uk/)

Who are you? What sort of journalist are you? Why are you specifically targeting the Isle of Man?

I'm still trying to work out why 'women4justice' has to do with this thread and maybe it was the wrong thread to do so?

Personally, I'd have started a new topic and would have liked to hear what points are put across and agree with Declan that 'if you have issues, then put them across' as on a forum like this one, there's no loyalties, but direct answers that may upset any party or person.

For your info W4J, my partner knows certain ins and outs of various agencies throughout the island and has first hand knowledge of these agencies from listening to prisoners on the island, including the Police. As far as I know and I do probe, he does not have any major concerns with these agencies.

I can understand certain frustrations to male persons who bully, intimidate and abuse women and would support any charity who deal with this mental and physical abuse, but it also applies to men too who are equally abused and therefore this area is not owned by women alone.

I would like to hear more W4J and I would hope that you are fair and honest, and if you have proof, then say it, as on this forum so I've observed, people will acknowledge the facts presented and although they do not fully agree with them, they are still the facts.

I think we can be too quick to dismiss people as nutters, just because they express themselves badly. There seems to be strong emotions here. Strong emotions don't come from nowhere, I'm intrigued to find out where this is coming from and think gentler responses from us are more likely to draw out the truth.

Shat ap you natter (some tv personality says this with a cockney accent)

Edit: ahhhhh I seeeee, sorry Declan sir.

I must say I agree with Manxy, be I would be interested to see where this poster is going with this. So far I think the ridicule is uncalled for, this isn't some numpty posting videos of himself over the mountain, or a BNP loon trying to stir up trouble. There's something behind this, let's let the poster (who is probably unused to the rough and tumble of forum life) reveal that gradually if she is more comfortable that way.

I think we can be too quick to dismiss people as nutters, just because they express themselves badly. There seems to be strong emotions here. Strong emotions don't come from nowhere, I'm intrigued to find out where this is coming from and think gentler responses from us are more likely to draw out the truth.

Shat ap you natter (some tv personality says this with a cockney accent)

It's alright you can call me a nutter, I've broad shoulders. I just don't think it is appropriate for a forum swarm to engulf this particular newbie.

It's alright you can call me a nutter, I've broad shoulders. I just don't think it is appropriate for a forum swarm to engulf this particular newbie.

That's fair enough Declan, I'd be happy if she came on with personal issues and like you said backed it up with some evidence. What is pricking my ears up is the continual 'we are UK based journalists' linked with 'the guardian and the mail' and then linking to a story that mentions women4justice when it doesn't. I'm all for giving a fair chance to this lady, but give us a fair chance to question her as well. Are they a pressure group? Or are they UK journalists kicking up a stink? I'm trying to understand that's all.

That's fair enough Declan, I'd be happy if she came on with personal issues and like you said backed it up with some evidence. What is pricking my ears up is the continual 'we are UK based journalists' linked with 'the guardian and the mail' and then linking to a story that mentions women4justice when it doesn't. I'm all for giving a fair chance to this lady, but give us a fair chance to question her as well. Are they a pressure group? Or are they UK journalists kicking up a stink? I'm trying to understand that's all.

Thank you Declan. Remember "to get to the fruit of the tree, you sometimes have to go out on a limb." I am not BNP, quite the reverse, nor am I necessarily female, so careful with the assumptions guys, but my motives are actually well intentioned if not popular. There is something very serious behind this posting and I have found out one thing anhyway that Jingoism is alive and well so the Manx must be proud and I think my identity may cause some surprise but at present revealing it would put certain people at risk so it is not wise to do so. Bare with me. I am not interested in slagging matches and I genuinely have contacts as discussed. I do want to see Justice and enough has been done for Fathers for Justice, so women do need a voice....I hope this latest post does not cause offence or create a barrage of insults!

Thank you Declan. Remember "to get to the fruit of the tree, you sometimes have to go out on a limb." I am not BNP, quite the reverse, nor am I necessarily female, so careful with the assumptions guys, but my motives are actually well intentioned if not popular. There is something very serious behind this posting and I have found out one thing anhyway that Jingoism is alive and well so the Manx must be proud and I think my identity may cause some surprise but at present revealing it would put certain people at risk so it is not wise to do so. Bare with me. I am not interested in slagging matches and I genuinely have contacts as discussed. I do want to see Justice and enough has been done for Fathers for Justice, so women do need a voice....I hope this latest post does not cause offence or create a barrage of insults!

I have plenty of evidence!!

Wow you guys certainly know how to welcome newcomers and encourage them to open up to you. The majority of you are writing under psuedonyms and yet you criticise me for not revealing my identity even when I say it would put vulnerable people at risk!

What happened to openmindedness, discussion and actually letting someone express themselves and giving them a chance to open up by actually being prepared to listen, not to judge? I had hoped to meet on here people who wanted to debate intelligently and //had the patience to allow someone to make points gradually which perhaps deal with sensitive issues that cannot be forced onto others but have to be shared in a way that does not incriminate nor damage others reputations. This situation is extremely fragile and the objective was to get other people's experiences in order to make change to things that are wrong in a Home Rule such as this.

Messages like "Do gooders make me want to puke" do nothing to encourage intelligent debate from someone who was testing the water before jumping in with both feet in unchartered seas.

Perhaps this Island is strong, but is it so fair

We are a group of Uk biased Journalists.

If you are a group of UK Journalists, i've edited it for you.

To many I's, my's and me's for it to prove that it's a group, imo. However i will wait to be enlightened

Back on thread.

Interesting to see what sentence the guy was given. If he'd actually served the whole sentence, he would still be inside, getting whatever help he might need and most off all......alive.

Archived