[BBC News] Death in house 'not suspicious'

Newsbot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personal gain? There's nothing to suggest the poster stands to gain from this. I am worried that this is a potentially vulnerable person and whilst I recognise that your natural response, Jim, is to think the worst of people. But for the moment I think it is appropriate to reign in the cynicism.

It's a Journalist Q.E.D. it lies and distorts the truth for personal gain

You have all got this so far off the mark you cannot imagine, but as all this is achieving is a lot of mud slinging and suspicion about what our organization is about, you may prefer me not to post again. Yes I am writing I, me and my but then only one of us can type at a time! Our objective was to show a story we had recieved from somone on the Island whose child had been abused and social services had refused to investigate. Since then we have heard from many others in the same boat. Had I been allowed to explain before being attacked I could have done. We have evidence if we are not believed and it will come to light but as we are in a position of having personal information relating to abused children we can hardly give this out publically for their protection.

This is the absolute truth and nothing sinister at all. It is a horrifying situation that many women seem to be in on the Island and it is largely covered up. We are trying to get to the bottom of it and do something to help. Naturally people don't like to hear that there is mud on their own doorstep. This is about helping innocent mothers and kids and we had hoped to hear from anyone else who might have suffered in this way.

We have been given information directly from people living there and from people within various organizations. This is not an attack on the Island by someone from outside. Sadly you will see many such stories of getting things wrong in the UK as well. However when two children die in care on the Island and abused kids are given back to their abusers we have to look at this. Children are powerless, have no voice and can only rely on adults to protect them.

If you know anyone who needs are help then great. If you want to remain in a bubble that is fine. If you would prefer we left the site, then also fine. We certainly have no wish to cause this much aggro. But if anyone wants to make direct contact through our site, it will be in the strictest confidence,

Y vi Vonney veg ( not sure of spelling, but believe that is good day little people!)

But we've reached an impasse then. You've made bold statements that include grave allegations but can't back it up. If this was a request to get in touch with victims it would have been better to approach it in those terms. You mention the deaths of kids in care, surely there was an inquest or an inquiry there? It'll be in the public domain - perhaps you could start there?

But we've reached an impasse then. You've made bold statements that include grave allegations but can't back it up. If this was a request to get in touch with victims it would have been better to approach it in those terms. You mention the deaths of kids in care, surely there was an inquest or an inquiry there? It'll be in the public domain - perhaps you could start there?

We can back it up but without exposing names and that would put people at risk. There was a great deal of cover up in that Inquiry, but I still think this may have been the wrong place to raise this subject. I am speaking from personal knowledge and knowledge from others. I really just wanted to see if anyone out there was in this position and needed our help. I cannot say more as it would jeapordise people's safety and also for legal reasons. When we are ready it will go public and then you will see there was no need for cynism on public compassion for kids in dire circumstances with no help. There are some people in positions of authority that exploit these positions which is why children were actually abused in Knotfield chlildren's centre by the person in charge. this goes back some years now and the man was sentenced eventually, but not until the children were all grown up and brave enough to come forward. There is no NSPCC on the Island or child line. We are trying to give a voice where there is none. But as before mud slinging is just not what we are about, so if that is all that our postings are going to attract then it is better if we withdraw.

We can back it up but without exposing names and that would put people at risk. There was a great deal of cover up in that Inquiry, but I still think this may have been the wrong place to raise this subject. I am speaking from personal knowledge and knowledge from others. I really just wanted to see if anyone out there was in this position and needed our help. I cannot say more as it would jeapordise people's safety and also for legal reasons. When we are ready it will go public and then you will see there was no need for cynism on public compassion for kids in dire circumstances with no help. There are some people in positions of authority that exploit these positions which is why children were actually abused in Knotfield chlildren's centre by the person in charge. this goes back some years now and the man was sentenced eventually, but not until the children were all grown up and brave enough to come forward. There is no NSPCC on the Island or child line. We are trying to give a voice where there is none. But as before mud slinging is just not what we are about, so if that is all that our postings are going to attract then it is better if we withdraw.

Those are very grave comments. I can find no info on the person in charge at Knotfield being charged for child abuse.

I am getting quite cross. Once upon a time, there was a little girl and her name was....and she...but the big bad wolf came along lalala rubbish rubbish rubbish - what drugs have you got that am missing out on?

Archived