Journalistic Honesty

manshimajin

...unless you start talking about noses in troughs ....

I heard an excellent mixed metaphor from a listener the other days, something to do with MHKs with their noses in the gravy train!

Almost as good as Peter Karran talking about the white elephants coming home to roost!

if peter says white elephants are coming home to roost then i am sure he has done his research and we can believe him just as much as we can believe dudley deserves his double dip into the public purse i mean we the people voted them in .. errrrrrrrrrr hold the headline dudleys double dip is courtesy of ...................

By "Dudly's Double Dip" - do you mean that he is getting a pension from his time in the police force and a salary from his current job as MLC? I don't see what's wrong with that (other mlc's not being elected, but that's another debate).

Far from owning him, I think he answered your point well-

I paid 11% of my wage, every week, for 39 years - to pay for my pension. I am informed that to get my money back I will need to live to 83 but I am not sure how accurate that is.

I - like all Police Officers - paid for my own pension at a much higher rate than most. I am indeed fortunate to be in the job I now have, but I work for that wage and I make sure I put in the effort and hours to give value for money, like I have all my working life.

Link

it was a bait plain and simple .. fortunately the timing of the cast was sweet .. i am sure he bares no axe to grind. .. fond of taking the piss himself..

and this was his actual quote.

Cannot resist this. I was not a civil servant, paying hardly anything towards a pension.

I paid 11% of my wage, every week, for 39 years - to pay for my pension. I am informed that to get my money back I will need to live to 83 but I am not sure how accurate that is.

I - like all Police Officers - paid for my own pension at a much higher rate than most. I am indeed fortunate to be in the job I now have, but I work for that wage and I make sure I put in the effort and hours to give value for money, like I have all my working life.

Edit to add: And I agree that pensions of members of Tynwald should be treated exactly the same as others and should be part of any review.

you wont tempt dudley out unless you start talking about noses in troughs for post 13 .. thats one mlc to me this year nailed on his 12th post ever keyboarder how many you nailed..??

Not tempting anyone out, I just wanted to know if Richard Butt editor of IOM Newspapers and Dudley Butt MLC are related.

Ringwraith - Richard is Dudley's son.

Thanks Declan.

I believe Richard started out at IOM Newspapers, moved across, became editor at a Manchester newspaper and has now returned to the IOM as editor of IOM Newspapers.

Some things do seem to have improved since his arrival, let's hope this continues.

Archived