[BBC News] First cruise ship of year docks

Newsbot

What's all that complying with 'safety at sea laws' bit about??? Frankly a useless bit of BBC reporting. How many came ashore? Where did they go? How much did they spend? Did they enjoy their time here?

"The vessel was originally built in 1969..." (Newsbot)

"built in 1965 by Mathias-Thesen Werft, East Germany as MS Alexandr Pushkin for the Soviet Union's Baltic Shipping Company." (Wikipedia)

.... Frankly a useless bit of BBC reporting. How many came ashore? Where did they go? How much did they spend? Did they enjoy their time here?

Remind me again, how many BBC journalists do we pay for over here?

The BBC use to have such high standards which we could all rely on.

What's all that complying with 'safety at sea laws' bit about??? Frankly a useless bit of BBC reporting. How many came ashore? Where did they go? How much did they spend? Did they enjoy their time here?

You can't possibly find all that out in a day, if ever. I used to work in a shop that had lots of cruise ship visitors. They had forgone the usual "Take them to Tynwald Hill then Tynwald Mills" tour and gone into Douglas. Nobody would be able to work out how much they spent in all the shops they visited. And if someone asked them I would hope they told them to bog off.

Archived