[BBC News] Youths cut off by tide at tower

Newsbot

How many call outs is that now in the last year? Jebus, I'm giving serious consideration to setting up a costa coffee franchise there.

Can you please employ the manager of the Waterstones branch out there?

I can guarentee a resultant reduction in the lifeboat callouts for those getting stuck!!

Ooooh more rare events, this one ofc is crap news. I have a good story, it is far more interesting than 4 kids go wading....My great grandfather was a bread delivery man, one time it was snowing and his van got stuck at Santon so he had to walk back to Douglas in a blizzard, by the time he got home his coat was frozen, 'nanna' had to steam the buttons to enable him to get his coat off. Much better story (even if I do tell it ALL the time)

another 'cut off' that wasn't. what BS reporting, checked out for injuries too?? have we got sharks around there or something??. headline news, '4 kids paddle in sea upto waist' very dangerous on douglas beach, emergency services called out and kids get full medical upon their dramatic rescue ( the amount of sewage around may be cause for innoculations though?? ) the day something does go wrong ( does the tower of 'refuge' not actually offer any refuge then?? ) no one will take it seriously!! i would assume that if the tide did actually REALLY cut someone off, they would just need to take 'refuge'?? and wait till it fucked off out again. perhaps the sefton grope could put in plans for a B&B in the tower?? if anyone could get planning for it, they could!

another 'cut off' that wasn't.

That's what I was thinking. If they got back easily enough then surely they weren't 'cut off'?

"Fortunately this sort of thing doesn't happen often on the Island"

Is that because they're not on the Island when it happens? Does connister rock count as 'on' the Island?

This counts towards the 'rare events' total for May Althought the term 'rare' is not used, the phrase -

"Fortunately this sort of thing doesn't happen often on the Island" is deemed as a failed attempt to get round the rules.

I buy the winner a drink in the beer tent this TT.

Note to self - must keep a running total of 'rare' events for May.

Archived