Please Can Someone Rent Me A Pa

Gilligan

Hi all,

I'm a PA-less dj, and I have a gig coming up on the 23rd. I would usually rent one, but they cost £100, and the guy who wants me isnt willing to pay that.

It is an outside garden party, but it will all be undercover, as there will be canopies, and awnings, and tents and stuff like that.

I think 2000 watts would be sufficient, also, i will have my back to the corner of a solid wall, so the sound would get reflected off this. If beggars werent choosers, then preferably, id like two subs, and two highs, with an active crossover, but if this isnt possible then it wont be the end of the world.

Previously, I tried renting off Peter Norris, but they dont rent to djs (they told me this on the night when i arrived to pick it up), and I have rented off a guy called Dave Evans, but he charges £100.

The guy im gigging for said he's willing to pay £50.

If you have a PA that you're willing to lend me, or know of someone that i should contact, please can you PM me.

Thank you very much

G

Hi all,

I'm a PA-less dj, and I have a gig coming up on the 23rd. I would usually rent one, but they cost £100, and the guy who wants me isnt willing to pay that.

It is an outside garden party, but it will all be undercover, as there will be canopies, and awnings, and tents and stuff like that.

I think 2000 watts would be sufficient, also, i will have my back to the corner of a solid wall, so the sound would get reflected off this. If beggars werent choosers, then preferably, id like two subs, and two highs, with an active crossover, but if this isnt possible then it wont be the end of the world.

Previously, I tried renting off Peter Norris, but they dont rent to djs (they told me this on the night when i arrived to pick it up), and I have rented off a guy called Dave Evans, but he charges £100.

The guy im gigging for said he's willing to pay £50.

If you have a PA that you're willing to lend me, or know of someone that i should contact, please can you PM me.

Thank you very much

G

I can’t see you being to rent a 2K PA for less than £100 for a night, to be honest I think £100 is a fair price.

If you get stuck I have a 2.4K system you can hire but it would be £150 a day and a £500 deposit plus you will need a decent power supply.

I know this is none of my business, £150 per day is a joke without a power Supply.

£50 sounds a reasonable offer to me, what does your quote of £150 per day cover ?

If i had one i would lend it to him for free in the name of Rock and Roll

Someone who isn't sure what they're doing can cause £500 damage just switching a PA system on. Do you REALLY need 2k for a garden party? In my day a mobile disco was 100 watts and you were lucky if it was in stereo...

Brightspark, thanks for the sentiments, but im afraid that there will next to no rock n roll, but i agree.

Stu, I'd like to think I know what im doing...Im going to build my own when the exams are over. I played a gig in the Amber with 2000watts, it wasnt running at full power, but it was perfectly loud enough, and i would have thought that in the open, the sound would just dissipate/loose lots of energy.

loaf and John, Thanks a lot, I will try him :thumbsup:

I know this is none of my business, £150 per day is a joke without a power Supply.

Speak to the MEA about a power supply. I can include a suitable generator at extra cost if you do not have a suitable power supply.

£50 sounds a reasonable offer to me, what does your quote of £150 per day cover ?

If i had one i would lend it to him for free in the name of Rock and Roll

£50 will not get you a 2K PA, wake up and smell the roses.

The £150 will get you a 2.4K PA, Tops & Mids, folded horn base bins, two amps, active crossover, compressor & limiter, all leads for the PA.

On the serious side if its a garden party you do not need 2K.

There will be mains power, so power supply is dealt with.

Borg - point taken. How much power do you think I would need? There will be about 100 people. I think "garden party" gives the wrong impression, but it is a party in a garden.

Archived