Douglas Head Reported To Be Swarming With Police

DRIVER

We are very good at pub gossip here, and if it turns out to be true and makes the news we can be all smug and say "See, you saw it here first". If it turns out to be bollocks, it gets quietly forgotten. Clever that.

We are very good at pub gossip here, and if it turns out to be true and makes the news we can be all smug and say "See, you saw it here first". If it turns out to be bollocks, it gets quietly forgotten. Clever that.

there are an awful lot of 'quietly forgottens' LOL

I've noticed the exact same thing in terms of women who are convinced they can 'tell' the sex of a baby someone is going to have (nurses with scan machines etc aside).

They'll be absolutely convinced that they're right because they 'can just tell' (or you might get a ridiculous explanation, but they've a 50/50 chance so when it's right they give it the "told you so" comments, but if not it either doesn't get mentioned again or you get the "Oh my! How strange - I'm usually bang on, and I was so sure!" nonsense.

On MR

Two men have appeared in court following an incident on Douglas Head earlier this week.

A police dog unit was called out to search the area on Tuesday lunchtime, after a car was found abandoned.

Seventeen year-old Paul Ford has been charged with taking a vehicle without the owner's consent, driving without insurance and offences relating to his driving licence.

An 18 year-old man, of no fixed abode, has been charged in relation to the same incident and was bailed to appear in court on June 23.

Well that's nipped that crime wave in the bud.

Why no helicopters?

These sort of things can always benefit from helicopters.

On MR

Two men have appeared in court following an incident on Douglas Head earlier this week.

A police dog unit was called out to search the area on Tuesday lunchtime, after a car was found abandoned.

Seventeen year-old Paul Ford has been charged with taking a vehicle without the owner's consent, driving without insurance and offences relating to his driving licence.

An 18 year-old man, of no fixed abode, has been charged in relation to the same incident and was bailed to appear in court on June 23.

Well that's nipped that crime wave in the bud.

Why no helicopters?

These sort of things can always benefit from helicopters.

What was the 18 year old man called ? Ivor Fiat i supose and how did he get bail living at that address :lol:

Reggie Perrin?

In the original Reggie Perrin, with Leonard Rossiter, disillusioned by corporate life and smug executives Reggie Perrin fakes his own death by leaving his clothes on a beach, goes to sea. Eventually he founds the Grot Shop.

In the remake Reggie, played by Martin Clunes, goes to sea, visits a Grot Shop becomes disillusioned with smug corporates.

Eventually he's found dead on a beach.

Although it is not recognisable as such in the TV series (but it is seen a lot), in the book CJ had a picture of Ramsey in the Isle of Man on the wall of his office.

Archived