Mp's Expenses

Chinahand

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a total buffoon!

Who on earth do these people think they are?

They dip their thieving little fingers into our wallets and bank accounts and expect us to doff our caps and say ‘God Bless You Sir’!

The Conservative MP Anthony Steen, may have a large estate, frankly I care not a jot, as long as you’re paying for it!

Personally Mr Steen, I’m not jealous, I’m simply angry, disappointed and disgusted. I feel that way about any politician who think that the taxpayer should shell out their hard earned (or saved) money to keep them, and their families, in the style to which they have become accustomed.

How dare they! We have to keep ourselves and them as well? No thank you.

There’s something rotten to the core in all this. The lot of them should be tipped out.

Then, of course, the Lords haven’t been dealt with yet.

But then, nor have the European MEPs...

The mind boggles at what may yet be to come.

It’s all grotesquely fascinating.

I've just looked at the site again, and the old Dinosaur has apologised.

"In an interview with Radio 4's The World At One on Wednesday, Mr Steen suggested his critics were envious because he lived in a large house that resembled Royal residence Balmoral, and had trees in the grounds that needed lopping"

Lopping! I'd pay good money to watch that. I'd leave the trees alone though.

Its like something off the Fast show. "I've got a very very large house".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8062205.stm

It is like a sketch, superb! It's not his fault, it's the freedom of information act! What right does the public have to know how their money is being spent? You couldn't make it up!

I know, it's mental. And then he retracts his statements, which is supposed to make it 'ok'.

They dip their thieving little fingers into our wallets and bank accounts and expect us to doff our caps and say ‘God Bless You Sir’!

Do you pay UK tax Addie?

even if he doesnt he pays the thieves his vat on anything and everything that have ceased to have a pulse or never had one to start with..

we all contribute to them.

Do you pay UK tax Addie?

even if he doesnt he pays the thieves his vat on anything and everything that have ceased to have a pulse or never had one to start with..

we all contribute to them.

Sorry to intrude facts into this, but the island gets more back in VAT than it pays out.

S

Really Sebrof - not too hard hey? Care to inform me, poor ignorant fool that I am, how you did it?

We know how much VAT the IOM recieves, but to work out how much it pays out you need to know spending on end user goods that are VAT rated. It approximates to Consumption in the GDP identity, but not particularly well. It hardly related to GDP at all.

Please oh wise one, tell us how you did it.

Really Sebrof - not too hard hey? Care to inform me, poor ignorant fool that I am, how you did it?

We know how much VAT the IOM recieves, but to work out how much it pays out you need to know spending on end user goods that are VAT rated. It approximates to Consumption in the GDP identity, but not particularly well. It hardly related to GDP at all.

Please oh wise one, tell us how you did it.

Bit stumped when you can't Google something, aren't you China?

I said it wasn't hard, but it does take time because you need to ensure that you are excluding non-VATable GDP items. And there are quite a few.

Now, give it a go. I'm sure you are up to it, although I seem to recall that you will need to refresh your definition of GDP.

S

Sebrof - where's the beef - you say you've worked out that the Island gets back more in VAT than it pays back.

Why won't you tell us the details?

To tell you the truth, it IS easy, but it takes quite a lot of time. I had to trawl through Hansard and select committee minutes to make sure I was on the right track.

If I ever do it again, I'll keep a note. But Richard whatshisname, with the funny eyes and the vendetta against the IOM, has something about it on his website.

S

Archived