If You Had One Wish?

Punisher

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked the wife about him last night since she frequents these places, and she confirmed that as it must be the same guy in question, yes he is obnoxious, loud etc.

She said she also (ie I read one person already say the same thing) had seen him interview someone for a job while sat amongst the customers, and how he kept pausing the interview to go off and do things or whinge at people etc.

She didn't think it was an appropriate way of conducting an interview, and mentioned that the way he was speaking to the person it was as if they were applying for a job dealing with national security.

These are her observations anyway.

Another vote against. Would rather go to Spill the Beans where the coffee is nicer, and cheaper, and the staff are lovely. One wonders what the recession will bring for this irksome man.

I agree

As I understand it this gentleman is grumpy and rude when serving coffee. Not the greatest crime in the world, certainly not enough wish upon him despair that leads to a lonesome death at his own hand.

Gone in Declan I dare you ..........

Fortunately, sad obsessions with other people/businesses are also rare.

Who said I have an obsession with this person - the fact that I have the same car as him, have grown a beard and dyed it grey and last year spent 12k on painful leg surgery so I am his exact 5 foot height is purely coincidental

Oh forgot to mention that I am opening a new coffee bar called Costa Coffee 2 -

Bit late, it opened months ago...

If you think he is bad try going to Alpine for a coffee with - ginger haired woman in there is quite possibly the most vile bitch that has ever served me. I even had to ask her if they were actually open as har attitude was so rotten.

Not going there again - ever. But it is worth a look just to experience how ignorant one person can be.

Who said I have an obsession with this person - the fact that I have the same car as him, have grown a beard and dyed it grey and last year spent 12k on painful leg surgery so I am his exact 5 foot height is purely coincidental

Oh forgot to mention that I am opening a new coffee bar called Costa Coffee 2 -

Bit late, it opened months ago...

Knackers! forgot he is in the book shop as well, Costa 3 the revenge it is then

My one wish today I think is to be a fly on the wall when LDV one day wants the assistance of the police. It'll be a 'self pwn' for him either way.

Schadenfreude! (sp)

My one wish today I think is to be a fly on the wall when LDV one day wants the assistance of the police. It'll be a 'self pwn' for him either way.

Schadenfreude! (sp)

I wish that Cret wasn't so horrible as to get schadenfreude from any future problems I might have and for him to understand that I have had assistance from the police and may do in future.

Ok, maybe it was a bit harsh. Sorry.

As was Declan's comment. I might do that sometimes but certainly not 'always'.

I do see things from 'the other person's point of view'. It doesn't mean I have to like or agree with some of the low & hostile stuff posted.

An if I post something hostile myself it's in response to something offensive.

That's my point, LDV, is not "low or hostile" and the post you reacted to was not offensive. He's just coming at the police question from a different angle that's all. He thinks that society should structured in such a way that police are unneccessary. So, to him, anything that any move to increase the police or the numbers working for them is a further step along the wrong path. He's going to offend you lots if you don't grasp that!

Sorry, when I said "always", I should have said "regularly".

Oh piss off - he's suggested basically that all the police are morally corrupt near enough. I understand that he's also suggesting in his perfect ideological world we shouldn't need them and that's fine, but the rest of what he comes out with is another thing entirely. I'm sure he can discuss it with me if he wants to but I'll never agree so perhaps it's best left at that since I've apologised.

As for "regularly", you're wrong a second time. I used to do what you perceive to be that fairly regularly, but barely at all in recent months. Do try to keep up.

Edited for a typo & missing word

Are we going to argue over what we mean by "regularly" - every few months is regularly? But you are right you've improved over the last year or more.

Oh piss off - he's suggested basically that all the police are morally corrupt near enough.

Where? I thought you were reacting to -

People VOLUNTEERING (i.e. doing work for free) to work for police? That is just even worse than being an paid officer.

Thankyou, that's as good as I'll get from you I suppose.

It was slightly related to that thread but more stuff from a previous thread which I really can't be fussed digging up & quoting.

I've apologised and commented on the thread you've quoted so we should cease the hijack here.

Archived