Taxpayers' £50k Bill For Cannes Film Festival Superyacht

slinkydevil

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't knock the Isle of Man Film Industry. It gives the lazy and work-shy something to do and stimulates the economy. I went to one film party and the block of cannabis resin on the table must have weighed a pound.

It was all an interesting experience although I never did get paid for the two days I was asked to work on that film.

Now if they did their homework they could stay for the Monaco Grand Prix and promote the yacht and aircarft registries at the same time.....simples!

That would be value for money.

..............and a second example of government departments cooperating with one another. :o

Now if they did their homework they could stay for the Monaco Grand Prix and promote the yacht and aircarft registries at the same time.....simples!

That would be value for money.

..............and a second example of government departments cooperating with one another. :o

Wouldn't be difficult considering it is the same Department.

Think you find the figure would end up more like 500k though! At least.

The trick with Isle of Man Government expenditure is to try and get it up in the £1,000,000s. That way the figure is beyond everyone's comprehension and we just have to let them get on with it.

I think with these things, you are either in it or you're not!

If we don't make an effort to promote ourselves we get nothing at all from having a film industry. Moving in those circles costs money, hopefully well spent, but nothing in life is guaranteed! You have to bait your hook and see what bites.

Totally disgusting waste of taxpayers money. When will government get in the real world ... I wonder what Cretney's council house voters think about him twatting around the Med on his luxury yacht pretending to be Cubby Brocoli at the taxpayers expense.

Totally disgusting waste of taxpayers money. When will government get in the real world ... I wonder what Cretney's council house voters think about him twatting around the Med on his luxury yacht pretending to be Cubby Brocoli at the taxpayers expense.

Well I saw him in town today. Or perhaps his twin brother.

Are you saying we shouldn't promote the IOM? Or maybe downsizing the budget? Perhaps to a grand? That more to your liking? Maybe we should have got a dolly bird from Cannes to hand out a few flyers. That would probably do it.

Archived