Bards & Medieval Enthusiasts Wanted - Interested?

g00p

Got a taste for Tallis? Give me a shout on 248669 as I'm looking to open a gregorian/medieval choir & also instrumental group

There doesn't seem to be anything like this on the Island, and I'm quite interested in the history surrounding this fascinating period on the rock - thus, thought it an idea to see if we can bring it to life :)

Female and male choir singers welcome. Medieval instrumentalists (sting, wind, hurdy gurdy etc etc) and also a conductor needed (I can just about sing, and play a little fiddle myself) - and also someone who might be able to obtain and transpose/translate old manuscripts

Give me (laura) a shout if you're up for it, young and old welcome!

LARP enthusiasts also welcome as dressing up is half the fun ;)

Have you tried Manx Bards?

hiya, noo i've never heard of it mate - can't seem to see a website on google either, you got any details for em?

cheers for the reply :)

There is a site called Manx Bands so I think that he was joking :) I've passed on your details to somebody I know who may be interested.

hiya, noo i've never heard of it mate - can't seem to see a website on google either, you got any details for em?

Sorry it was a joke. Anyway good luck with your endeavour.

There's no need for sarcasm Albert.

Nah - 'sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them' and is actually 90% of the content of MF.

I think it's a good idea anyhoo. Always nice to see people bringing out a bit more of the history of the island. Old chants/songs contain much of it as your average Joe couldn't read or write in those days, never mind afford the paper to have a go. You could only do 'O' level Land Ownership and peasant kicking or sh*t shovelling at Ballakermeen in those days.

There is a site called Manx Bands so I think that he was joking :) I've passed on your details to somebody I know who may be interested.

lol, that didn't even click - rubbish joke :P manx bands is still up??

nice one, thanks v much for that Minxie! appreciated :)

There's no need for sarcasm Albert.

Nah - 'sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them' and is actually 90% of the content of MF.

I think it's a good idea anyhoo. Always nice to see people bringing out a bit more of the history of the island. Old chants/songs contain much of it as your average Joe couldn't read or write in those days, never mind afford the paper to have a go. You could only do 'O' level Land Ownership and peasant kicking or sh*t shovelling at Ballakermeen in those days.

Haha, yeah, exactly! Might incorporate a bit o sh1t shovelling for good measure if it kicks off :D

Archived